Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Inconsistent visual feedback using Drag and Drop in Package Explorer compared to Project Explorer
Inconsistent visual feedback using Drag and Drop in Package Explorer compared to Project Explorer [message #819423] Mon, 12 March 2012 22:39
Mateusz Parzonka is currently offline Mateusz ParzonkaFriend
Hello,

I'm developing an Eclipse plugin providing drag and drop functionality where data can be dropped from an own table view into the built in views "Navigator", "Project Explorer" and "Package Explorer". It is implemented by registering a single IDropActionDelegate as described in the usage of the org.eclipse.ui.dropActions extension point. The functionality itself works at the moment: Dragged data can be dropped on a org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Folder listed in one of the mentioned views, the expected action (storing files to disk) is executed.

But the visual feedback provided by the package explorer is strange and inconsistent compared to the other two views:
- Project Explorer and Navigator both visualise the success of the drop by letting the data "disappear" on the drop target.
- Package Explorer visualizes the drop to fail by animating the dropped data "flying" back to its source.

In all the three cases the drop IS successful, because the action is executed identically.
The visual feedback of the drop action in the Package Explorer is analogous as would the run-method in my IDropActionDelegate return "false", which i ruled out by applying careful logging of what is supposed to be returned from the method.

Maybe someone has a helpful idea? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I tried multiple Eclipse Versions (freshly installed Indigo RCP, Indigo Java, Helios) which all show the same behaviour. My System is Mac OSX 10.6.8.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2012 23:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Blocking Plugin
Next Topic:Plugin Testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:35:52 GMT 2024