Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [AXDT] Setting up Xtext Project Builder for external projects
[AXDT] Setting up Xtext Project Builder for external projects [message #819194] Mon, 12 March 2012 16:00
Andy E is currently offline Andy EFriend
After lots of fiddling and lots of github message exchange, I've got AXDT up and running and the compiler works fine.
That's nice.

But I can't get Eclipse to work with third-party projects and my IDE.

My builder is NOT "com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.flexbuilder" (as pre-configured in the external project) but "org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder". But now there is another problem closely related.

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder is presumedly contained inside org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared_2_2.1.v201112130541.jar, so it should be an INTERNAL builder. Within properties of my project, I can only configure EXTERNAL builders.
Setting the .jar directly as location did not work at all (cannot execute binary file).

Editing the .project file manually with these lines

<buildCommand>
			<name>org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>

worked perfectly, but only once. because at some point, Eclipse had overwritten the .project file and deleted everything between <buildCommand>...</buildCommand>, so I will have to set it up the correct way so that it remain permanent even after restarting Eclipse.

How can I do that?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2012 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Multi-user install on Linux with shared configuration ignoring user plug-ins
Next Topic:How to define a task which concerns several and various sources, tasks and text (wiki)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:02:23 GMT 2024