Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Redraw problem after a refactoring
Redraw problem after a refactoring [message #818733] Mon, 12 March 2012 03:32
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
One of my users of Groovy-Eclipse is reporting this problem:

Quote:

When I perform an extract local variable refactoring action on a Groovy class within my Grails app, the refactoring works (if I close the file and re-open it, the variable is present in the code and has the right code snippet assigned to it), but if I don't close the file, the display of the file within Eclipse appears to transition back and forth between the original version and the refactored version. The changes seem to happen when I scroll (which seems to only affect lines that are exiting/entering the screen) or click on different lines (which affects the lines I'm coming from and going to, but sometimes also other lines) and maybe also when I mouse-over on a variable or method. I haven't figured out a pattern for when it shows the original version of a line and when it shows the new version.

This incorrect and unstable view will continue until I either close and re-open the file (in which case the display is fully normal with the refactored code visible) or undo the refactoring (which immediately eliminates the instability).

See https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1373

This looks to me like an SWT issue, but I can't reproduce it locally and I have had a look on bugzilla for Win XP issues. However, I have not found anything useful. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.
Previous Topic:problem with custom drawing table
Next Topic:Combobox with content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:29:59 GMT 2024