Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Where to download the virgo form tags sample?
Where to download the virgo form tags sample? [message #818328] Sun, 11 March 2012 12:26 Go to next message
Rice Yeh is currently offline Rice YehFriend
Hi,
There is a case study virgo form tags in chapter 6 in the virgo programmer guide. Where do I download the source code?

Rice
Re: Where to download the virgo form tags sample? [message #818412 is a reply to message #818328] Sun, 11 March 2012 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rice Yeh is currently offline Rice YehFriend
Just find the git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.sample-formtags.git. However, after checking out, I get the following error by following the instructions in the README.TXT file under the war folder. It complains that a file named default.xml does not exist in the vrigo-build/war folder.

/home/rice/workshops/osgi/org.eclipse.virgo.sample-formtags/war/formtags-war/build.xml:8: Cannot find /home/rice/workshops/osgi/org.eclipse.virgo.sample-formtags/war/formtags-war/../../virgo-build/war/default.xml imported from /home/rice/workshops/osgi/org.eclipse.virgo.sample-formtags/war/formtags-war/build.xml.

Rice

Re: Where to download the virgo form tags sample? [message #818905 is a reply to message #818412] Mon, 12 March 2012 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The formtags sample may have rotted a bit. Did you try building it with Ant? The git repository is meant to be built with Ant to produce a zip which the user grabs and builds with Maven. See here.
Re: Where to download the virgo form tags sample? [message #1068187 is a reply to message #818905] Fri, 12 July 2013 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesse henson is currently offline jesse hensonFriend
Is the Virgo Form Tags sample app still working? The git link here appears out of date! I would like to step through this sequence of examples in my attempts to learn Virgo.

Or .. are there any other alternative samples to cut my teeth with Virgo?
Many documented examples on the web seem out of date ... and often skip steps.
Isn't there something in the Virgo documentation that is an actual functional step-by-step example?
It's really difficult when starting out to figure out why/when/how to use the different flavors of components like Maven,Bundlor,Snaps,Spring,etc...

I've worked with RAP/RWT examples, but I need to get up to speed with WAR, WAB, PAR, PLAN styles of web apps.
The GreenPages sample is a little advanced for me at this point.

Thanks in advance,
-j
Re: Where to download the virgo form tags sample? [message #1069341 is a reply to message #1068187] Mon, 15 July 2013 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
jesse henson wrote on Fri, 12 July 2013 18:06
Is the Virgo Form Tags sample app still working? The git link here appears out of date! I would like to step through this sequence of examples in my attempts to learn Virgo.

Why do you think it is out of date?
The repository is the same.
Here you can find all repos that provides samples http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Samples

Regards
Violeta
Re: Where to download the virgo form tags sample? [message #1232884 is a reply to message #1069341] Sat, 18 January 2014 01:03 Go to previous message
Jaime Hablutzel is currently offline Jaime HablutzelFriend
just to be aware

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Samples points to git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.samples.git (which seems to contain the form tags sample) but there is another git repo: git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.sample-formtags.git that seems to be outdate
Previous Topic:JBoss AS drops OSGI support
Next Topic:Blueprint and property-placeholders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:30:59 GMT 2024