Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » Drag and Drop with navigation elements
Drag and Drop with navigation elements [message #816022] Thu, 08 March 2012 10:26 Go to next message
Uwe San is currently offline Uwe SanFriend
Hi all,

currently there seems to be no drag and drop support for the navigation elements of the Riena GUI. For instance, I cannot drag the subapplication tabs around (within the header area) or change the order of submodules by dragging and dropping them in the navigation bar on the left.

Maybe this support could be added manually by users who wish to have it, but is there any plan to support this feature by default in upcoming versions of Riena?

Thanks,
Uwe
Re: Drag and Drop with navigation elements [message #816036 is a reply to message #816022] Thu, 08 March 2012 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
Am 08.03.12 11:26, schrieb Uwe San:
> Hi all,
>
> currently there seems to be no drag and drop support for the navigation elements of the Riena GUI. For instance, I
> cannot drag the subapplication tabs around (within the header area) or change the order of submodules by dragging and
> dropping them in the navigation bar on the left.
>
> Maybe this support could be added manually by users who wish to have it, but is there any plan to support this feature
> by default in upcoming versions of Riena?
>
> Thanks,
> Uwe
No there is no plan to do this. If you like to have that, add a bugzilla as enhancement. I admit it never cross our mind
to allow that feature and probably non of the apps that we usually write would use it. In our endusers rather like to
have a rather fixed setup. Its developers who often want it "their" way, but Riena is not addressing developer needs in
any way... Its made for enduser applications.

Adding a bugzilla helps to keep track of this enhancement request. Maybe you like to consider starting implementing it :-).

In the next year or so we are also going to make Riena run on top of E4 with the modelled workbench. Since then all
Riena components need to be E4 model components, maybe it gets easier then. (not sure, just a guess)

christian
Re: Drag and Drop with navigation elements [message #816086 is a reply to message #816036] Thu, 08 March 2012 12:13 Go to previous message
Uwe San is currently offline Uwe SanFriend
Thank you, Christian, for your thoughts on this. I agree that too much DnD is often merely a developer toy.

I'm looking forward to seeing Riena on top of E4, and I can't wait to try out the DnD support. Wink

U
Previous Topic:Problem Injecting Osgi Service Into Submodule
Next Topic:Riena documentation update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:04:50 GMT 2024