Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Strategy for I18N(how to internationalize the code generated with WB)
Strategy for I18N [message #815710] Thu, 08 March 2012 00:47 Go to next message
Shaohua Ma is currently offline Shaohua MaFriend
what's the best way to internationalize the code generated with WB, yet not inhibit the capability of using the visual editor?

for example, if i create a label "Name", the code generated by WB will have a line like this:
JLabel nameLabel = new JLabel("User Name:");

Now I want to I18N it. I will create a key for the info:
static String NAME_KEY = "NAME_KEY";

and i will have code for retrieving the proper text based on the key. but how do i put the retrieved text back into the code, without impact on the visual editing capability?

I am thinking of a post init process as a solution. but I'd like to here some advice first.
Re: Strategy for I18N [message #815740 is a reply to message #815710] Thu, 08 March 2012 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Have you tried reading the "Internationalization (i18n) / Localization" section of the WB docs?
Re: Strategy for I18N [message #816197 is a reply to message #815740] Thu, 08 March 2012 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not really.
I've just checked, and found a section within the "features" heading. looks promising. Will go through it and see how that works.
Thanks a lot.

sma
Re: Strategy for I18N [message #816381 is a reply to message #816197] Thu, 08 March 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. I tried the feature and it works. Now I have a different question.

My codebase has this weird structure for i18n:
/src
/i18n

the i18n folder contains all the message.properties files. for compatibility reason, I need to use this structure. the issue now is that, with WB, it can only see the /src folder as its source. Is there any way to enable the WB to see more? By the way, as you might have already guessed it, the /i18n is on the class path. it's just not visible to WB.

your help is very much appreciated.

sma
Re: Strategy for I18N [message #817694 is a reply to message #816381] Sat, 10 March 2012 13:45 Go to previous message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
This works for me.
If it does not work for you - test case could be helpful.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:Windowbuilder I18N-additional source folder
Next Topic:ThemePainter ClassCastException Office2003Painter Jide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:11:14 GMT 2024