Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » core.autocrlf now supported in egit/jgit?
core.autocrlf now supported in egit/jgit? [message #815460] Wed, 07 March 2012 17:40 Go to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
I was under the impression that core.autocrlf was not supported, but it looks like it might be now. At least it seems to be working correctly with one team where some developers use OS X (config option set to 'input') and some use Windows (config option set to 'true'). This is with JGit 2.0.0.201203070519.

Is it safe to assume we can rely on this as of 2.0 ?

Re: core.autocrlf now supported in egit/jgit? [message #816981 is a reply to message #815460] Fri, 09 March 2012 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
R Shapiro skrev 2012-03-07 18.40:
> I was under the impression that core.autocrlf was not supported, but it looks like it might be now. At least it seems to be working correctly with one team where some
> developers use OS X (config option set to 'input') and some use Windows (config option set to 'true'). This is with JGit 2.0.0.201203070519.
>
> Is it safe to assume we can rely on this as of 2.0 ?

Legally speaking (though I am not a lawyer): No. You cannot really rely on *anything* unless you
get a binding agreement that says otherwise. I think the licenses are clear about that.

Of course, I see no reason to remove the autocrlf support unless we consider it too broken to be fixed, but
then it may be broken accidentally (assuming it works now).

-- robin
Re: core.autocrlf now supported in egit/jgit? [message #817047 is a reply to message #816981] Fri, 09 March 2012 15:15 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Personally I have no problem telling users they can rely on the software I release. To each his own...

Given the autocrlf is supported, the updated list of commonly used Git features not supported by egit has now shrunk to the following:

Commonly used operations that are not yet supported:

- stash

- svn

- bundle

- checkout <commit> -- <directory>

- reset <commit> -- <path>
except for the special case of resetting a single file to the HEAD revision
which can be done by unstaging workspace changes to that file.

Commonly used features that are not yet supported:

- Hooks

- Creation of light-weight and signed tags

- Most merge options, including -s, -ff, -no-ff, -ff-only.

- Merge strategies other than is 'resolve'.

- Most rebase options other than --abort.

- A number of configuration settings, including most of the ones related to merging,
Previous Topic:JGit in-core Merging
Next Topic:stash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 10 20:57:35 GMT 2024