Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP application on network drive (Slow start)(My application is on a network drive and I need to make it launch faster)
RCP application on network drive (Slow start) [message #815313] Wed, 07 March 2012 13:53 Go to next message
jo moreau is currently offline jo moreauFriend
Hello everyone,

Here's the problem. I have an application that is running from a network drive. When I start the application on my local drive, it takes less then 10 seconds to start, on the network drive it takes 2 minutes!!! Since I'm a noob with RCP I don't even know where to start looking for the problem. Can somebody help me with that?

More infos:

I had a version that was working fine before my last update.
I have more then 250 plugins for this application.
Re: RCP application on network drive (Slow start) [message #816396 is a reply to message #815313] Thu, 08 March 2012 20:09 Go to previous message
Libor Jelinek is currently offline Libor JelinekFriend

What application you mean? I suppose you are an IT administrator, not developer of that app.

Usually it is not good idea to run RCP apps from network place. Workspace (if that app uses org.eclipse.core.resources plugin to manipulate files) can get easily corrupted in that case as it is not intented for concurrent access by multiple user.
Previous Topic:Plugin extensions save failed
Next Topic:Popup menu, objectContribution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:28:57 GMT 2024