Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Two WindowBuilder Pro Problems
Two WindowBuilder Pro Problems [message #815121] Wed, 07 March 2012 08:57 Go to next message
Ufuk DALLI is currently offline Ufuk DALLIFriend
Hi people,

I have been experiencing some problems with WindowBuilder Pro which I use on Eclipse-Indigo.

Anyway, my problems are:

1) I cannot import any custom component that I develop into the WBP palette by "Import palette.." in Indigo, not even a simple component by supplying an xml file just exactly how the tutorials tell. Can do with Helios but I was unable to do so with Indigo and really need to do it. The only way I can import custom components in Indigo is adding the component via the context menu to some category and then export it to some xml file and then import it back. The generated xml is no good for me, because I need to define multiple constructors, default values for null arguments and stuff like that. The generated xml seems not to support that kind of things.

2) I also need to group some properties for a component. For instance, WBP groups the properties in a tree manner, I would like to do the same. I mean not the super class property group and the self property group but groups that I explicitly define. Plus, cannot figure any way out to hide some properties which gets me back to my first problem.

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Two WindowBuilder Pro Problems [message #815311 is a reply to message #815121] Wed, 07 March 2012 13:52 Go to previous message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
1. "Import palette" should be read as "Import commands to change palette". Read http://code.google.com/javadevtools/wbpro/NewComponentsTutorial.pdf What you probably want initially is "1.4 Commands in project".

2. To hide some properties use "properties-advanced" or even "properties-hidden" in "2 Describe components using *.wbp-component.xml".

3. If you want to group properties, you will need to write plugin, there are no way to do this declaratively. You will need to implement org.eclipse.wb.core.editor.structure.property.PropertyListProcessor and add extension for org.eclipse.wb.core.propertiesPageProcessors/processor.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 13:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:WindowBuilder & JIDE integration?
Next Topic:Windowbuilder I18N-additional source folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:29:56 GMT 2024