Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » 0.8 M2 RUI Properties Library generated code error
0.8 M2 RUI Properties Library generated code error [message #814828] Tue, 06 March 2012 23:25 Go to next message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend
0.8 M2 release...

With the following:
library Properties type RUIPropertiesLibrary {}
	upsAccessKey string;
	upsUserID string;
	upsPassword string;
end

The generated Java code has an error on the import:
import eglx.ui.rui.NLSLibrary;

The error is "The import eglx.ui.rui cannot be resolved".

Need a bug submission on this or did I screw something up?

--Dan

p.s. Do you want to know about things like this on milestone releases?

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2012 23:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 0.8 M2 RUI Properties Library generated code error [message #815102 is a reply to message #814828] Wed, 07 March 2012 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
My understanding is that the RUIPropertiesLibrary is only supported in JS generation, so it reports the error.
Re: 0.8 M2 RUI Properties Library generated code error [message #815316 is a reply to message #815102] Wed, 07 March 2012 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Yes, RUIPropertiesLibrary can only be generated to JavaScript. There isn't yet "generator-level validation" to handle when trying to generate a part to an invalid target language, so for now you have to be careful which generators are enabled for which parts otherwise generation could throw an error and/or produce code that won't compile/run.

-Justin
Re: 0.8 M2 RUI Properties Library generated code error [message #815435 is a reply to message #815316] Wed, 07 March 2012 16:55 Go to previous message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend

Oh, right. Duh. I put the RUI properties library into the "common" package. I should have put it in the "client".

You know though, while we are on the topic, I recall that even in RBD I've been jumping through hoops to be able to have the same properties available in Java that I have in JavaScript via the RUIPropertiesLibrary. In the JSF world I used getMessage() to access externalized properties and while this is still available on the Java side of a RUI app it takes extra configuration (and a copy of the properties file in a different location) to make it work.

I am wondering if anyone else thinks it would be helpful to rethink properties in terms of a "PropertiesLibrary" type that can be generated to both JS and Java?

--Dan

Previous Topic:Snippets!
Next Topic:"x is not a constructor" error using XML record definitions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:39:04 GMT 2024