Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies.
Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies. [message #814827] Tue, 06 March 2012 23:24 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
We're happy to say that we've been able to remove all of the existing Spring dependencies from the Virgo Tooling. This means that the installation has been simplified and that you don't need to install a whole bunch of stuff that you might not need. This should be especially nice for people who are interested in exploring Virgo tooling for non-traditional uses. Please note that the current state of the snapshot is still for bleeding edge adopters only.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Tooling#Installation
Re: Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies. [message #815133 is a reply to message #814827] Wed, 07 March 2012 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Congratulations Miles (and Leo) - this is a great step forward for the Virgo tooling!
Re: Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies. [message #815605 is a reply to message #815133] Wed, 07 March 2012 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington wrote on Wed, 07 March 2012 04:14
Congratulations Miles (and Leo) - this is a great step forward for the Virgo tooling!

I think I'd put it "Leo (and Miles)" not to mention help from the server side but yeah, we're stoked -- turned out to more challenging and unique set of issues than I think we had anticipated and interestingly I think we covered a number of other issues as a bi-product of the process.
Re: Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies. [message #815818 is a reply to message #815605] Thu, 08 March 2012 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Huang is currently offline Jay HuangFriend
Hi, I upgraded the virgo tooling to the latest snapshot, now in the MANIFEST.MF dependecies tab, when I click add import package, nothing happens, the usual dialog does not pop up, and the bundle dependencies classpath is empty. I've also tried to install virgo tooling in a brand new Eclipse JEE Helio SR2, a virgo server cannot even be created in Eclipse. What version of Eclipse has been tested, please? Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 March 2012 04:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies. [message #815825 is a reply to message #815818] Thu, 08 March 2012 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay, did you mean Indigo, not Helios? That's our current main test environment. I guess we might be theoretically supporting Helios, but none of us are using it.

Do you mean that the Virgo Servers don't even show up as items in the Server wizards? One thing that has occurred to me is that because we no longer have these dependencies, there might be stuff that the tooling is relying on that we happen to have in our installations but that aren't explicitly required. But that's a stretch. Do you see anything in either your error log or system console? Please especially look for amy dependency issues that show up at startup.

If this doesn't end up looking like a simple dependency issue, please raise bugs for bother of these issues.

Re: Say goodbye to Tooling Spring IDE Dependencies. [message #816565 is a reply to message #815825] Fri, 09 March 2012 01:44 Go to previous message
Leo Dos Santos is currently offline Leo Dos SantosFriend
Hi Jay. I think you asked a similar question in the other thread, so I'll post an answer here too Smile

One possible fix is to go into project properties, and select the Targeted Runtimes page. There's a chance that the project is no longer configured to target a Virgo runtime, or is targeting one that is not longer properly set up. If you select a valid Virgo runtime from this dialog Eclipse will update your project's class paths, and that will hopefully fix your Bundle Dependencies entries.
Previous Topic:Getting plug-in dependencies from server repository
Next Topic:Is it possible to use Apache Felix instead of Equinox as the OSGi platform for Virgo?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:27:07 GMT 2024