Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » "x is not a constructor" error using XML record definitions(Is this a known problem?)
"x is not a constructor" error using XML record definitions [message #814821] Tue, 06 March 2012 23:16 Go to next message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend
I'm using 0.8 M2.

I have a simple Rich UI app that consumes a third-party web service. There are a bunch of records that together define the XML document structure required as a parameter to the service. With the records defined in a separate source part from my Rich UI handler the service invocation fails with the following (in an external browser):

CRRUI1083E] An error occurred while the click browser event was being handled.
[CRRUI2002E] onClick_serviceCallButton
An error occurred inside TestUPSServiceCall: egl.com.dandarnell.server.AccessRequest is not a constructor
[CRRUI2094E] Here are the EGL function calls leading to this error:
TestUPSServiceCall.onClick_serviceCallButton() [native JavaScript]

In preview mode the error is slightly different:

[CRRUI1083E] An error occurred while the click browser event was being handled.
[CRRUI2002E] onClick_serviceCallButton
An error occurred inside TestUPSServiceCall: Object expected
[CRRUI2094E] Here are the EGL function calls leading to this error:
TestUPSServiceCall.onClick_serviceCallButton() [native JavaScript]

Here's one of the records that acts as an XML document definition (this one actually stands by itself):
record AccessRequest
    lang string{@XMLAttribute{}};
    accessLicenseNumber string{@XMLElement{name = "AccessLicenseNumber"}};
    userId string{@XMLElement{name = "UserId"}};
    password string{@XMLElement{name = "Password"}};
end

The failure occurs way before the service invocation -- it happens when I do the following in my Rich UI handler:
security AccessRequest {lang = "en-US",
	accessLicenseNumber = Properties.upsAccessKey,
	userId = Properties.upsUserID,
	password = Properties.upsPassword };

(Note: It doesn't make a difference whether or not I use properties. Hardcoding the values results in the same error.)

If I put the record definitions in the SAME source part as the handler, everything works fine -- no errors.

Before I submit a bug, am I doing something wrong? If it is a bug, is it a known problem?

--Dan

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2012 23:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "x is not a constructor" error using XML record definitions [message #815475 is a reply to message #814821] Wed, 07 March 2012 18:09 Go to previous message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend
This is me defining things in the wrong packages again. Doh!

Sorry. I'm still working on switching gears from RBD to EDT when working with this new stuff.

In RBD I am used to creating all of my own packages and therefore the way they are configured to generate is clear in my head.

If I define my records in the "common" package (JS and Java generation ... but technically, for this example, I really don't even need the Java generation and the "client" package would work too) everything is fine.

--Dan

p.s. Shall I argue again for code annotations that set generation targets so that it is clear from the source code itself what sort of generation is going to take place?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 18:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:0.8 M2 RUI Properties Library generated code error
Next Topic:garbage characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:28:41 GMT 2024