Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » selectionListeners(not compatible types in the expression)
selectionListeners [message #814471] Tue, 06 March 2012 13:45 Go to next message
Trond Einar Nilsen is currently offline Trond Einar NilsenFriend
I updated to M2 and then get error on datagrid definition with message "SelectionListener and cellClicked are not compatible types in the expression".

My source compares to the example in "Tutorial: RUI With DataBase Lesson 8" and my source was without errors before I upgraded. I cannot find documentation for how I need to change my sourcecode. Anyone who has a tip?
Rgds Trond
Re: selectionListeners [message #814513 is a reply to message #814471] Tue, 06 March 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Trond,

According to Lesson 8 of the tutorial, I believe your code should look like:

selectionListeners ::= cellClicked,
function cellClicked(myGrid DataGrid in)
end

If this is what you have in your workspace, I don't think you should be getting the error message you listed below.

Can you provide the number of the error message listed in the problems view? Also, can you try a clean build in the workspace (Project -> Clean)

-Brian
Re: selectionListeners [message #814530 is a reply to message #814513] Tue, 06 March 2012 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trond Einar Nilsen is currently offline Trond Einar NilsenFriend
Brian,

Thanks for promt response, I am a bit embarrassed now, "clean" did the trick, thanks a lot!
Trond

[Updated on: Tue, 06 March 2012 15:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: selectionListeners [message #814564 is a reply to message #814530] Tue, 06 March 2012 15:52 Go to previous message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Trond,

I am glad the "clean" worked for you, although you shouldn't have had to invoke a clean build in this situation.

In general, migrating from one version of the code to another should not cause valid code to be marked invalid, assuming the code is actually valid. While working on .8 we have found instances of invalid code that was not being marked with an error, specifically in the area of using null values, but that is not the case in this situation. I am guessing that this error message was caused by a change to an internal data structure in M2, which caused the validation routine to think that your function did not match the delegate signature. A clean build recreates the saved version of these structures in your workspace and re-runs validation, which removed the invalid error message.

-Brian
Previous Topic:How do I know if a GET succeeded in fetching the record?
Next Topic:Read the latest EDT blog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:58:39 GMT 2024