Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » [Gemini JPA] An EntityManagerFactory created by EMFBuilder shouldn't be automatically registered?
[Gemini JPA] An EntityManagerFactory created by EMFBuilder shouldn't be automatically registered? [message #813847] Mon, 05 March 2012 19:31 Go to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
I've created a EMF in the persistence unit bundle, with custom jdbc properties, using a EMFBuilder that I got from registered services (using DS) .

I notice that the EMF service is only registered when there are a completed punit. the same doesn't occurs when I use the EMFBuilder with custom data.

I will need the created EMF be available to others services components, so I must register it as service.

I could register it by myself as a service, but this shouldn't be a job for EMFBuilder in the createEntityManagerFactory() method?

regards,

Cristiano
Re: [Gemini JPA] An EntityManagerFactory created by EMFBuilder shouldn't be automatically registered [message #813867 is a reply to message #813847] Mon, 05 March 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
No, EMFs created using the builder are different than those that are looked up from the registry. EMFs created using the builder do not get put in the service registry because the builder does not do any tracking of the data source. If the data source goes away it is up to the client to recognize it and shut down the EMF.
Re: [Gemini JPA] An EntityManagerFactory created by EMFBuilder shouldn't be automatically registered [message #813876 is a reply to message #813867] Mon, 05 March 2012 20:16 Go to previous message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Well, so EMF Builder is not what I need to... Sad because I don't want to track such jdbc changes by myself. but I still desire some flexibility in the EMF configuration once my entire project is already using CM.

I read here bug 365619that you plan to use CM to configure Gemini JPA.

what kind of EMF you plan to create when using CM?

regards,

Cristiano

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2012 20:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Gemini Web 2.1.0.M02
Next Topic:[Gemini JPA] How Gemini JPA choose the right DBAccess version ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:58:37 GMT 2024