Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » bitset invalid arguments
bitset invalid arguments [message #812347] Sat, 03 March 2012 17:16 Go to next message
Arne Kjetil Andersen is currently offline Arne Kjetil AndersenFriend
I've just switched to eclipse for c++ development and have a slight problem. When using std::bitset from <bitset> on linux in eclipse 3.7.2 and cdt 8.0.1, I get a an error in the editor and Problems view stating:

"Invalid arguments. Candidates are: bool test(?)". Now I'm pretty sure it should not have been an error, and the code compiles fine when compiling. I think if it had been an actual programming error it should have stated "Candidates are: bool test(size_t)

I've tried searching for this problem to see if anyone else has experienced this, but I haven't found anything - my google-skills and forum search/bugzilla search skills may be inept. If that is the case, please excuse my fail.

The code to reproduce this is:
#include <bitset>

int main(int argc, char **argv){
  std::bitset<32> bits;
  bits.test(1); //This is where the problem view and editor claims the error is.
  return 0;
}

If anyone knows the solution to this, or know what's going on and point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Re: bitset invalid arguments [message #813463 is a reply to message #812347] Mon, 05 March 2012 09:53 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
That's an error message from the internal code analysis CODAN. It seems that it cannot resolve the correct method. I don't get this message with CDT 8.1. So you should just ignore it.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Available C/C++ Indexer Markers
Next Topic:CDT console is very slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:18:37 GMT 2024