Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Preview Mode issue(issue in reviewing the output)
Preview Mode issue [message #810676] Thu, 01 March 2012 12:12 Go to next message
Karthik Sevugarathinam is currently offline Karthik SevugarathinamFriend
Hi,

I have been receiving couple of errors while using 'Preview' in the EDT.Please find the details below.

1) No data or screen designed was displayed and the following error popped up int he console.

Debug messages disabled
2012-03-01 16:58:44.336:INFO:oejs.Server:jetty-7.6.0.v20120127
2012-03-01 16:58:44.602:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:started o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/SkillrClient,file:/E:/EGL_WorkSpace/SkillRate010312/SkillrClient/}
2012-03-01 16:58:44.680:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:9701

2) I have included the resource binding and all the necessary details for the connectivity to AS400, but i do not see the data being displayed for the services that are being invoked.

Samplet code below:

services: Package
service sqlservices

ds SQLDataSource?{@Resource{uri = "binding:R611"}};

Handler : Package

dbService SQLServices?{@dedicatedService};

function start()
readFromTable();
end

function readFromTable()
call dbService.getAllSkills() returning to updateAll
onException serviceExceptionHandler;
end

There are no errors in the code.
In debug, the line 'function readFromTable()' and the subsequent line is being executed but after that it returns to the 'function start()'. There are no exception thrown and i am able to see that the defaults of displaying a array of records is being executed instead (i.e intialization based on the field attributes). Thanks in advance

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #810726 is a reply to message #810676] Thu, 01 March 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Karthik,

Those messages in the console are just informational messages from the test server. I'll see if I can get Jetty to stop printing them, but either way they are not errors and you do not need to worry about them.

As for the other problem, it sounds like what you're saying is that the page keeps on reloading for some reason. Can you put breakpoints in your RUI handler and run in debug mode? Put one in start, readFromTable, and updateAll. I'm curious if updateAll is ever being invoked. "start" should only be invoked once, unless you're explicitly invoking it in some other function.

If "updateAll" does get invoked, is it being passed the correct data? You can also put breakpoints in your service to see if everything is running okay on that end.

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #810750 is a reply to message #810726] Thu, 01 March 2012 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justin,

i did try placing break points but i do not see programming breaking at even the dbservice.getAllSkills. Once the program tries to execute "call dbService.getAllSkills() returning to updateAll" it hits function Start() again.I am aware that the dbservices are not being invoked but all my bindings are fine.Thank you

My friend and myself are working on the same buid in separate machine, but he does not encounter the same.The only difference being the version.

Regards,
Karthik

[Updated on: Thu, 01 March 2012 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preview Mode issue [message #810757 is a reply to message #810750] Thu, 01 March 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the console messages that were causing confusion, I've put in a change that hides those messages. (bugzilla ID 372974)

Which build are you using? Nightly (if this, from which night?), 0.8 milestone 1, 0.8 milestone 2, ...

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #810899 is a reply to message #810757] Thu, 01 March 2012 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

i did the update using the nightly build link below and updated it with 0.8 1 milestone. Thanks

"//download.eclipse.org/edt/updates/nightly"

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #811140 is a reply to message #810899] Fri, 02 March 2012 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't get a chance to try this out this afternoon, but I'll take a look tomorrow. In the meantime, if you're on milestone 1, then you can run "Help > Check for updates" to get milestone 2 and see if that resolves this issue. Note that if you still have the "nightly" update site enabled then instead of milestone 2 you would get the most recent nightly build (which has changes to dedicated services, as noted in another forum post).

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #811502 is a reply to message #811140] Fri, 02 March 2012 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have updated the software till 0.8 milestone2 , but appears there has been some changes made in milestone2 as well.

dbService loginServices?{@dedicatedService};

The editor/compiler does not resolve the keyword "@dedicatedService".Thanks

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #811511 is a reply to message #811502] Fri, 02 March 2012 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
There was a change to deicated services in the latest release, Karthik. Click here for a note Justin posted about the changes.
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #811633 is a reply to message #811511] Fri, 02 March 2012 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe is correct, this was a recent change, and it tells me that you installed the nightly build not M2. When you change your code as described in that link is your application still failing? If so, can you attach your RUIHandler source? So far I've been unable to reproduce this so it's probably tied to some specific line of code.

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #812243 is a reply to message #811633] Sat, 03 March 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justin,

Please find attached the handler source and also the screen shot of the issue.i have done the coding using the 0.7 version.Thanks

function start()

readFromTable();
end

function readFromTable()
call dbService.getAllSkills() returning to updateAll
onException serviceExceptionHandler;
end

For some reason or the other the pointer returns back to Start() function in debug and the dbService is not invoked.The connection and all other details are fine.Thanks

Regards,
Karthik
  • Attachment: Screen3.jpg
    (Size: 92.21KB, Downloaded 374 times)
  • Attachment: Handler_Source.txt
    (Size: 9.68KB, Downloaded 433 times)
  • Attachment: Screen1.jpg
    (Size: 154.00KB, Downloaded 395 times)
  • Attachment: Screen2.jpg
    (Size: 148.43KB, Downloaded 368 times)
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #813751 is a reply to message #812243] Mon, 05 March 2012 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so I've tried 0.8 M1, 0.8 M2, and a recent nightly build, but I cannot reproduce this. Can you export your project as a zip file and attach it (File > Export > General > Archive File)? You can remove any sensitive data like passwords in your deployment descriptor beforehand. This will let me used the exact generated code that you're running.

Also, please go to Help > About > Installation Details > Features, click on the "Feature Id" column to sort it, find id "org.eclipse.edt.feature", and paste its version here. See my attached screenshot for an example from the M1 build. This will let me know exactly which build is being used so I can better match your environment.

And, to clear one thing up that might be confusing you: When you run a call statement from a RUI application to invoke a service, it is an asynchronous call. So we kick off the call and then the RUI application will immediately continue executing its code. A "step into" on the call statement does not step into the service, because the service is a separate process and not running in the browser. That's why you see it move to the next line of the RUI function instead of waiting for the service invocation to finish. Tip: If you want to debug your service function, just put a breakpoint in it.

The callback function in your RUI application will be run once the service has finished processing. JavaScript is single-threaded so only one piece of code can be running at a time, therefore your callback won't be invoked until nothing else is running.

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #814139 is a reply to message #813751] Tue, 06 March 2012 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justin,

I am unable to attach the archive file since the compressed size of the file is 7.23 MB. I have attached the version in which i ran the code. Please let me know if there is any other means to transfer them to you. Thank you

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #814542 is a reply to message #814139] Tue, 06 March 2012 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the screenshot. Can you try emailing the project to me? jspadea {at} us {dot} ibm {dot} com

Also, have you been changing versions of EDT? The screenshot shows it's 0.7.0, but some of the previous posts have sounded like 0.8.0 builds based on error messages.

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #814776 is a reply to message #814542] Tue, 06 March 2012 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found and fixed a synchronization issue today that might be involved with what you're seeing in the test server (the bind error). You would need to update to the latest nightly build to get the potential fix, using update site http://download.eclipse.org/edt/updates/nightly

As mentioned in previous posts, to switch to a current build you will need to change your code a little bit that's accessing the dedicated service. It would become:

call SQLService.getAllSkills() using new httpproxy returning to updateAll onException serviceExceptionHandler;

And then you should remove your "dbService" field.

Note that the fix I added does not address any problems with the onConstructionFunction being invoked multiple times, but that sounds like something that could have been indirectly fixed with all that's gone on since 0.7.

Let me know what you decide - staying on 0.7 or trying the new 0.8 nightly build.

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #815289 is a reply to message #814776] Wed, 07 March 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justin,

I have attached a simple test without including the ruiwidgets and dojo during exporting to archive folder(EGL_Sample).

I will also install the nightly update and verify to see if i still face any issues. Thanks a lot for your help with the issue.

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #815331 is a reply to message #815289] Wed, 07 March 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for attaching the project, I did notice a couple things you will need to change.

1. For the "services" package, right-click > Properties > EGL Compiler > click the box to override generation settings, and change it to enable the Java generator and disable the JavaScript generator.

2. Do the same thing for the "records" package, but have it enable both Java and JavaScript generators.

Once I did this things were running correctly for me on both 0.7 and 0.8 (note: this won't fix the bind error you were seeing, but without these changes the service will never run since it wasn't generated to Java).

When you try out the latest 0.8 nightly build, you will need to make another change, in SQLService.egl. The 0.8 syntax for the binding is: ds SQLDataSource?{@Resource{uri = "binding:MyIBM"}};

-Justin
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #821461 is a reply to message #815331] Thu, 15 March 2012 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justin,

The java updates are also causing issues.I recently upgraded my system and was running with java update version 1.7 (i have only EGL Version 0.7) , today i reversed back to java version 1.6 and find the issue being resolved.I am new to open source technology and do not know the actual reason behind it but was able to get through the issue.Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Preview Mode issue [message #821721 is a reply to message #821461] Thu, 15 March 2012 18:38 Go to previous message
Hi Karthik,

Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? I tried out Oracle JRE 1.7 on both Linux and Windows (32bit) with EDT 0.7, and did not hit any issues, but your machine is clearly experiencing an error with 1.7 that I'd love to be able to reproduce.

When you switched to 1.6, were you still having the other problems mentioned in this thread? If so, we should have a new milestone build for 0.8 available in the near future which would be worth trying out once available.

-Justin
Previous Topic:garbage characters
Next Topic:How can I get the IP Address of the client machine that runs mi RichUI app?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:36:30 GMT 2024