Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Basic Eclipse Strings(How to translate strings like "data set", "data qube", "variables"?)
Basic Eclipse Strings [message #810636] Thu, 01 March 2012 11:04 Go to next message
Sebastian Hä älä is currently offline Sebastian Hä äläFriend
Hi,

I am looking for a way to translate basic Strings from Eclipse/BIRT like "Data Set", "Data Qube" or "Variables". Data Set and Data Qube are translated already (for german) but I think they are wrong! In the Outline view Variables isn't translated (German) for me!

I tryed to search these but couldn't find them.
Re: Basic Eclipse Strings [message #810969 is a reply to message #810636] Thu, 01 March 2012 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Babel doesn't support searching for an English string and translating it, but that does sound like a great feature to add. Can you open a feature request against Technology > Babel > Server ?

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Basic Eclipse Strings [message #811002 is a reply to message #810969] Thu, 01 March 2012 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

If you have the MySQL data dump, you can use this SQL statement to generate completely usable URLs for English strings:

select distinct CONCAT("http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/translate.php?project=", f.project_id, "&version=", f.version, "&file=", f.name, "&string=", s.name) AS URL from files as f inner join strings as s on s.file_id = f.file_id where s.value IN("Data Cube", "Data Set") and s.is_active = 1;

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Basic Eclipse Strings [message #811085 is a reply to message #811002] Thu, 01 March 2012 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoru Yoshida is currently offline Satoru YoshidaFriend
Today I find several strings that You may have interest when I searching '---%' strings.

There are ----------Data Sets----------, ---------Data Cubes--------- and ---Data Cubes--- strings in org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ui/org/eclipse/birt/chart/reportitem/ui/i18n/nls.properties .

Thanks.
Re: Basic Eclipse Strings [message #811345 is a reply to message #811085] Fri, 02 March 2012 08:14 Go to previous message
Sebastian Hä älä is currently offline Sebastian Hä äläFriend
Thank you for your responses! I filed a feature request.
Also I found some of the string here:

babel.eclipse.org/babel/translate.php?project=birt&version=3.7.0&file=org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.cubebuilder/org/eclipse/birt/report/designer/ui/cubebuilder/nls/messages.properties

EDIT: I would have postet it as a link but they won't let me post links so just type a http:/ / infront Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 02 March 2012 08:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Search and translate
Next Topic:Terminology Lists or Glossary Lists for Eclipse Platform?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:11:49 GMT 2024