Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Business design in an RCP application(Can the RAP business design be used in an RCP application?)
Business design in an RCP application [message #810602] Thu, 01 March 2012 10:04 Go to next message
Uwe San is currently offline Uwe SanFriend
Hi all,

is there an easy way to use the business design that comes with the org.eclipse.rap.design.example plugin in a 3.x RCP application?

I have looked at the org.eclipse.ui.examples.presentation plugin for getting familiar with the Presentation API in RCP applications, but the approach is different from the RAP presentation approach.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Uwe
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #811642 is a reply to message #810602] Fri, 02 March 2012 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Casas is currently offline David CasasFriend

You can import the source of the project in your workspace from the plugins perspective. It helps a lot to see all the code so you can modify whatever you want, I've done it and it works pretty well... What do you want to do?
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #811646 is a reply to message #810602] Fri, 02 March 2012 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Casas is currently offline David CasasFriend

You can import the source of the project in your workspace from the plugins perspective. It helps a lot to see all the code so you can modify whatever you want, I've done it and it works pretty well... What do you want to do?
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #813397 is a reply to message #811642] Mon, 05 March 2012 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

thank you for your answer.

I have imported the source code into my workspace already, and I've also modified it in order to fit my needs. It works pretty well for an RAP application but I don't know if and how I can use the design in an RCP application. For instance, the design uses a HeaderBuilder class that extends from the ElementBuilder class which is not available on an RCP target platform.

So I guess my question is: What modifications does it take to make this design available for an RCP application?
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #813402 is a reply to message #811642] Mon, 05 March 2012 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

thank you for your answer.

I have imported the source code into my workspace already, and I've also modified it in order to fit my needs. It works pretty well for an RAP application but I don't know if and how I can use the design in an RCP application. For instance, the design uses a HeaderBuilder class that extends from the ElementBuilder class which is not available on an RCP target platform.

So I guess my question is: What modifications does it take to make this design available for an RCP application?
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #813482 is a reply to message #813397] Mon, 05 March 2012 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

The design (a.k.a. "Interaction Design API") has been implemented only
in the RAP workbench to adapt RCP applications for the web. To use it
in RCP, you'd have to patch the Eclipse workbench. Since Eclipse 4 has
completely new layout and styling concepts, I doubt that this is worth
the effort.

Regards, Ralf

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #813489 is a reply to message #813482] Mon, 05 March 2012 10:34 Go to previous message
Looks like there is no easy way. Thanks, Ralf, for these insights.
Re: Business design in an RCP application [message #813493 is a reply to message #813482] Mon, 05 March 2012 10:34 Go to previous message
Looks like there is no easy way. Thanks, Ralf, for these insights.
Previous Topic:GEF with RAP
Next Topic:Rap on Mobile Platforms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:00:20 GMT 2024