Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » GEF with RAP
GEF with RAP [message #810418] Thu, 01 March 2012 04:16 Go to next message
Vineet Sinha is currently offline Vineet SinhaFriend
Hey Guys,
Some of you might know of the work that we have done in bringing different prototypes of GEF working in a web browser. Since then we have settled on an architecture and have a working implementation. We are curious to see how much interested there is from the community for it.

We have built the project and have deployed it on 3 GEF apps built by us. Our intention has always been of contributing the gef-web framework to the GEF project. However, before that happens we intend to do some performance improvements, and are hoping that we can work on a couple of projects - to make sure that we have deployed the code in multiple situations.

My hope is that we will have this in place for next year.

Looking forward to hearing of the interest.

Regards,
Vineet
--
President & CTO, Architexa - www.architexa.com
Understand & Document Code In Seconds
Re: GEF with RAP [message #813604 is a reply to message #810418] Mon, 05 March 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm doing some tests with the GEF RAP
--
Luís Carlos Moreira da Costa
Eclipse RAP, RCP, eRCP, GMF, OSGI, Spring-DM and Pentaho Developer
Regional Communities/Brazil
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Regional_Communities/Brazil
Re: GEF with RAP [message #813655 is a reply to message #813604] Mon, 05 March 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vineet Sinha is currently offline Vineet SinhaFriend
Great. It might be good to discuss your situation and see how we can collaborate. Please e-mail me at: vineet at architexa.com.

We are also having a discussion regarding this on the gef-dev mailing list.

Regards,
Vineet
--
President & CTO, Architexa - www.architexa.com
Understand & Document Code In Seconds
Re: GEF with RAP [message #814276 is a reply to message #813655] Tue, 06 March 2012 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
As your post is duplicated maybe you missed my question,

Is your work related to current GEF prototype, available in RAP incubator ? or is it something different ?

Kind Regards,
Arnaud
Re: GEF with RAP [message #814279 is a reply to message #813655] Tue, 06 March 2012 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
As your post is duplicated maybe you missed my question,

Is your work related to current GEF prototype, available in RAP incubator ? or is it something different ?

Kind Regards,
Arnaud
Re: GEF with RAP [message #878083 is a reply to message #814276] Mon, 28 May 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Poli is currently offline Andrea PoliFriend

Hi, my company is using GEF port in order to develop a framework which translate COBOL/Java source code into XAL code (automata lattice). GEF is the core of the two client application: an eclipse plugin and a web based client.
Thanks a lot, GEF port developers! Wink
Re: GEF with RAP [message #878901 is a reply to message #810418] Wed, 30 May 2012 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lior Missing name is currently offline Lior Missing nameFriend
I'm a technical lead of a startup who would much appreciate such a product and even make a contribution along the way.

Thanks!

LiorZ
Re: GEF with RAP [message #878912 is a reply to message #810418] Wed, 30 May 2012 07:32 Go to previous message
Angelo ZERR is currently offline Angelo ZERRFriend
Hi Vineet,

We are very interesting with GEF with RAP. We are using in our RAP Application (see demo at http://xdocreport-rap.opensagres.cloudbees.net/xdocreport?startup=fr.opensagres.xdocreport.eclipse.ui.application)

to manage Skills (Java, .Net, etc...) with Graphics mean (Administration->Graphics Skills):

index.php/fa/9971/0/

Regards Angelo
Previous Topic:Components RAP development
Next Topic:GEF with RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:11:24 GMT 2024