Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't find stdio.h and stdlib.h since upgrade to OSX 10.7.3 (Lion). gcc not found.(Eclipse for C++ on Intel Mac with Lion. OK before with Snow Leopard)
Can't find stdio.h and stdlib.h since upgrade to OSX 10.7.3 (Lion). gcc not found. [message #810147] Wed, 29 February 2012 19:02 Go to next message
Phil Reinemann is currently offline Phil ReinemannFriend
Ever since I upgraded to Lion Eclipse for C++ it can't find basic header files like stdlib.h and stdio.h. It worked fine in Snow Leopard.

I finally found out how to add them. (Search in Help was a pain as it didn't find anything for "unresolved" or "inclusion" or "unresolved inclusion" or "inclu". It wasn't until I tried "inclu*" that it found what I needed.)

In any case, I added /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include to the include paths, but can someone tell me if I should have used "/Developer/SDKs" in case Apple decides to update the SDK to a later version?

Am I even using the correct include directory? (Does Eclipse come with its own?)

It's been a while since I had to manage make files, and then it was on a Bourne shell back in the 80's so I no longer remember the directory decension hierarchy that includes follow.

Is there a better way to handle this to protect against directory changes due to upgrades?

I'm also getting
Description Resource Path Location Type
Error launching external scanner info generator (gcc -E -P -v -dD /Users/Phil/Coding/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c) HelloWorldNoTest [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem

What does that error mean?

and I'm also getting

Program 'gcc' is not found in $PATH HelloWorldNoTest [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem

Is this the PATH one defines in ~/.bashrc or is this another PATH defined within Eclipse C++ when it starts? (Such as in some ".eclipserc"? Where would that be?)

Phil

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those, who know binary, and those who don't.
Re: Can't find stdio.h and stdlib.h since upgrade to OSX 10.7.3 (Lion). gcc not found. [message #810556 is a reply to message #810147] Thu, 01 March 2012 08:43 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Program 'gcc' is not found in $PATH HelloWorldNoTest [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem

You have no toolchain (gcc) installed. Therefore the scanner discovery which calls gcc to get system headers does not work etc.

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/concepts/cdt_c_before_you_begin.htm

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Showing coding errors and tips in Eclipse C++ Perspective
Next Topic:Disable annotations in editor: possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:52:49 GMT 2024