Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » xdebug.remote_host not resolving host name(xdebug.remote_host not resolving host name)
xdebug.remote_host not resolving host name [message #810025] Wed, 29 February 2012 15:33
Carlos Sanchez is currently offline Carlos SanchezFriend
Not sure if this is a XDEBUG or Linux issue but any help is appreciated. The problem is that if I use a host name instead of an IP Address for xdebug.remote_host then address is not resolved and when I attempt to degug a webpage Eclipse stays in the dreaded "Waiting for XDebug session - 57%" state.
Furthermore, when I use a hostname there is no attempt to access the Eclipse workstation on the XDEBUG port (9000) at all. If I use my Eclipse workstation' IP address, which unfortunately is also dynamic IP address,it all works without glitch.

I want to use a hostname and not an IP address because both server and workstation are remote, have dynamic IP addresses and I am using DynDNS to access them through hostnames. I have no problem accessing the server by itself with the hostname.

If within the server I use "dig" to check the hostname, the IP address gets resolved correctly.

If I use "host" to check the hostname is a different story:

ffmls:~$ host myhost.mydomain.com
Host myhost.mydomain.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

myhost.mydomain.com is just a placeholder in this message for the correct host.domain.com.

I included the DynDNS servers in the resolv.conf file just in case but it makes no difference.

Again, any suggestions are really welcome. Thanks in advance!

Previous Topic:Eclipse php core LANGUAGE unbound
Next Topic:Javascript code hinting, lookup via F3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:06:14 GMT 2024