Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer
EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #809412] Tue, 28 February 2012 21:11 Go to next message
Robert Rollins is currently offline Robert RollinsFriend
I recently installed the EGit 1.3.0 release into my Eclipse Helios SR2 install on OSX Snow Leopard. I really appreciate the new support for git submodules, but I've run into a show-stopper problem: newly-cloned git projects don't interact with EGit. Existing projects still work fine; I can right-click -> Team -> Pull/Push/Fetch/etc. But newly-imported projects have nothing in the Team menu, and don't show the [ProjectName master] text, nor the status decoration icons. This happens on both the PHP Explorer and PyDev Package Explorer views.

Have I got something misconfigured? Should I re-install EGIt from scratch, since I upgraded from a 1.2.x nightly build?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #809413 is a reply to message #809412] Tue, 28 February 2012 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Sawicki is currently offline Kevin SawickiFriend
Just to confirm, these projects are from submodules or root level repository?
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #809450 is a reply to message #809413] Tue, 28 February 2012 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're from root-level repos. I don't personally use the submodule feature, but one of my colleagues does, which is why I'm glad that EGit now supports it.
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #809744 is a reply to message #809412] Wed, 29 February 2012 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Smith is currently offline Nick SmithFriend
Robert Rollins wrote on Tue, 28 February 2012 16:11
I recently installed the EGit 1.3.0 release into my Eclipse Helios SR2 install on OSX Snow Leopard. I really appreciate the new support for git submodules, but I've run into a show-stopper problem: newly-cloned git projects don't interact with EGit. Existing projects still work fine; I can right-click -> Team -> Pull/Push/Fetch/etc. But newly-imported projects have nothing in the Team menu, and don't show the [ProjectName master] text, nor the status decoration icons. This happens on both the PHP Explorer and PyDev Package Explorer views.

Have I got something misconfigured? Should I re-install EGIt from scratch, since I upgraded from a 1.2.x nightly build?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm experiencing the same issue with Eclipse 3.7.2 on both Mac OS X Lion and Solaris Express 11 X86.

I've found that if I clone the repository (using the 'URI' and not the 'Local' option) that it displays the status decoration but importing subsequent sub-projects with the 'Local' option does not.
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #810108 is a reply to message #809744] Wed, 29 February 2012 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you importing from "File > Import... > Projects from Git" or from selecting the repository from the Git Repositories view and running the "Import Project..." menu option?
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #810142 is a reply to message #810108] Wed, 29 February 2012 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Sawicki wrote on Wed, 29 February 2012 12:55
Are you importing from "File > Import... > Projects from Git" or from selecting the repository from the Git Repositories view and running the "Import Project..." menu option?

OK, it looks like the Right-click -> "Imports Projects..." menu option from the Git perspective does work. I didn't know about that method of import, so thank you for the suggestion.

But with previous versions of EGit, the "File -> Import -> Projects from Git" method worked fine, so there's still a bug here that needs to be fixed.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 February 2012 21:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #810299 is a reply to message #810142] Thu, 01 March 2012 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are right, the "File -> Import -> Projects from Git" is currently broken.

It has been reported as bug #372789 and a fix has been proposed and a fix will hopefully be in the 2.0 nightlies soon.
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #810340 is a reply to message #810299] Thu, 01 March 2012 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, thanks!
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #811531 is a reply to message #810299] Fri, 02 March 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Sawicki wrote on Wed, 29 February 2012 19:02
You are right, the "File -> Import -> Projects from Git" is currently broken.

It has been reported as bug #372789 and a fix has been proposed and a fix will hopefully be in the 2.0 nightlies soon.

Thanks great news - Many Thanks!

Nick
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #813648 is a reply to message #811531] Mon, 05 March 2012 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
The bug is fixed now and will be available in the nightlies tonight.

Btw.: As a workaround you switched interaction with EGit in the context menu of the projects with Team > Share Project... -> Git and then checking the checkbox "Use or create repository ...".
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #813649 is a reply to message #813648] Mon, 05 March 2012 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Lay is currently offline Stefan LayFriend
[quote title=Stefan Lay wrote on Mon, 05 March 2012 09:55]The bug is fixed now and will be available in the nightlies tonight.

I meant that the Fix will be available Wink
Re: EGit doesn't attach itself to projects in the Resource Explorer [message #815185 is a reply to message #813648] Wed, 07 March 2012 10:27 Go to previous message
Stefan Lay wrote on Mon, 05 March 2012 09:55
The bug is fixed now and will be available in the nightlies tonight.

Btw.: As a workaround you switched interaction with EGit in the context menu of the projects with Team > Share Project... -> Git and then checking the checkbox "Use or create repository ...".

I've updated to the nightly build and everything works just fine!

Thanks to all!

Nick
Previous Topic:Exception caught during execution of commit command
Next Topic:JGit in-core Merging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:50:55 GMT 2024