Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Bind Issue using EDT(java bind exception)
Bind Issue using EDT [message #809179] Tue, 28 February 2012 15:14 Go to next message
Karthik Sevugarathinam is currently offline Karthik SevugarathinamFriend
Hi,

Often i get the below. I have verified the database binding and also the JDBC connectivity. Please could you help me fix the below issue. Thanks

2012-02-28 20:15:47.063:WARN:org.mortbay.log:failed SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:9701: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
2012-02-28 20:15:47.063:WARN:org.mortbay.log:failed Server@19c695: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Bind Issue using EDT [message #809217 is a reply to message #809179] Tue, 28 February 2012 15:59 Go to previous message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Karthik,

This looks like the test server is trying to start up on a port that's already in use by another instance of the test server (I found this would only happen when trying to start multiple test servers at the same time) . For those unaware, the test server is used to run services while developing your application, and each project has its own server instance.

I recently added protection so that this will not happen anymore, however you would need to use a recent nightly build to get the fix until the next milestone is released (update site for nightly builds is http://download.eclipse.org/edt/updates/nightly).

As a workaround: kill the process(es) with the error below if they're not already terminated (use the Debug perspective to see the running processes, and select a process to see its console output), and then try again. Do not kill any processes that do not have the bind error, otherwise you'll be back to starting multiple servers simultaneously (by leaving the "good" server running, it will only attempt to start up the other server, and this time it would have no problem finding an open port). You may need to repeat this multiple times depending on how many servers are involved.

-Justin
Previous Topic:Calling Stored Procedures from EDT
Next Topic:EDT 0.8 Milestone 2 is available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:50:07 GMT 2024