Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [MWE,JET] no auto complete in either?(editors won't do autocomplete no matter what...)
icon6.gif  [MWE,JET] no auto complete in either? [message #808322] Mon, 27 February 2012 16:56 Go to next message
elhanan Maayan is currently offline elhanan MaayanFriend
hi..

i'm using eclispe 3.7.2, i thought that using JET template editor would give me auto complete for tags, but it only gives me syntax highlight, is that all?

also when i try to use MWE editor, i get NOTHING, no autocomplete no hyperlinks (which is funny, cause even in xml editors i can hyperlink a class name..

is this a bug?
Re: [MWE,JET] no auto complete in either? [message #809098 is a reply to message #808322] Tue, 28 February 2012 13:29 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

For MWE, this is just not implemented.

MWE2 comes with a workflow DSL and dedicated editors which gives you content assist and hyperlinking and all the stuff. So if you are writing workflows you should consider using MWE2 in favor the MWE1. If you are just using or maintaining an MWE1 workflow, you have to live with this limitation.

Anyway, MWE workflows are typically of limited size and no subject of frequent changes. I did not consider this missing editor support as mission critical. Just open the referred types with JDT (Navigate/Open Type) and see the set/add-methods that these classes expose.

Regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] trying to use eGet
Next Topic:[XPAND] Problem with token names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:34:32 GMT 2024