Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax?
What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax? [message #808203] Mon, 27 February 2012 14:34 Go to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
And is there a document? I had some code written that worked this way:
ds SQLDataSource? { @Resource { bindingkey = "MYI" } };

But that stopped working, I think between 0.7.0 and 0.8.0. Instead, the only valid keyword for the @Resource annotation now seems to be uri. So I tried different variations of this:
ds SQLDataSource? { @Resource { uri = "binding:MYI" } };

But nothing I did seemed to work. This, however still works:
MYI SQLDataSource? {@Resource {}};

By naming the variable the same name as the actual resource name in the deployment descriptor, I can get data access to work. But I failed at every attempt to manipulate the @Resource annotation. Am I missing something?

Joe

Re: What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax? [message #808227 is a reply to message #808203] Mon, 27 February 2012 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Vincens is currently offline Joseph VincensFriend
Hi Joe,

ds SQLDataSource? { @Resource { uri = "binding:MYI" } }; looks correct and I'm not sure why it's not working. Is this a new install of EDT or an upgrade?

Bugzilla 369135 contains the specification documenting the change.
There is also a thread I started that was sent out to the developers list edt-dev@eclipse.org.

regards,
Joe
Re: What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax? [message #808229 is a reply to message #808227] Mon, 27 February 2012 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Vincens is currently offline Joseph VincensFriend
for some reason the link to the specific edt-dev thread was removed.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/edt-dev/msg00291.html.

You will also notice the " were replaced with 'a'.

regards,
Joe
Re: What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax? [message #808266 is a reply to message #808227] Mon, 27 February 2012 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm subscribed to the edt-dev list, but it looks like the messages were getting shipped off to never-never land by some over-aggressive filters. Anyway, I'll revisit the issue. I might have been using a bad URI. I seem to remember typing in "bindingkey:" instead of "binding:".

Since these values are in a string constant and thus are not verified until runtime, it would be very valuable to have:

1. Really good help text on how to specify them
2. A hotkey of some kind to help generate the @Resource on a statement
(e.g., Ctrl+3 on a @Resource annotation would bring up a wizard)
3. Extremely in-depth error message when one goes wrong

I'll test the correct syntax this evening.
Re: What is the correct SQLDataSource syntax? [message #808583 is a reply to message #808266] Mon, 27 February 2012 23:24 Go to previous message
Yes indeed, I typed bindingkey: instead of binding:. Embarrassed Fixed that, and life is good! My comments on prompting and error messages do still apply. Smile Speaking of which, if someone wants to point me to where quick fixes are implemented, I'll take a look at that in my CFT (Copius Free Time). Who knows, maybe I can contribute something to this party. Cool Okay, that's my emoticon quota for the year... Razz
Previous Topic:Eclipse IDE for EGL web Developers
Next Topic:Debugging ROCKS!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:28:39 GMT 2024