Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Webservice and Webservice Client generation( Webservice and Webservice Client generation using eclipse and Apache Tomcat.. )
Webservice and Webservice Client generation [message #806794] Sat, 25 February 2012 13:50 Go to next message
Zeru David is currently offline Zeru DavidFriend
I get the message "Selection must be WSDL" whenever I try to generate Webservice and Webservice Client using the wizard in eclipse.
I have the followings:

- Operating System: Windows XP
- IDE:
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857
- Webserver: Apache Tomcat 7
- Axis2: axis2-1.6.1
- CXF: apache-cxf-2.5.2
- Java: jdk1.7.0_01

I am stuck and I would be grateful for any help.

Re: Webservice and Webservice Client generation [message #810034 is a reply to message #806794] Wed, 29 February 2012 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gary C is currently offline Gary CFriend
I am getting the same thing with Tomcat 6, Eclipse 3.7.2 and CXF 2.4.6. It seems that when I create a brand new project I can successfully create a web service from it one time. After that, if I make any change at all to the service interface and try to re-generate the service it fails with the "Selection must be WSDL" error message.

I have been advised to delete all of the artifacts generated by the first run of the Web Service wizard, including the annotations it added to my class, before running the wizard a second time, but that didn't solve the problem. The frustrating thing is that the error message itself tells me nothing about what the problem is.

"Selection must be WSDL" - does anyone know what this message is trying to tell me? The only thing that has been "selected" is the Java class that implements my service. The wizard is generating the WSDL from this class, so how can it be "selected"?
Re: Webservice and Webservice Client generation [message #810255 is a reply to message #810034] Wed, 29 February 2012 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
First, the Web Tools forum can probably provide better help. You might want to ask there.

What type of generation is selected in the Web Service wizard. If I remember correctly, it can be used to perform bottom up (java -> wsdl) or top down (wsdl -> java). If it is in the top down mode, it will be looking for a wsdl file. There is an option on the wizard to switch between top down and bottom up.
Re: Webservice and Webservice Client generation [message #810831 is a reply to message #810255] Thu, 01 March 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
minh Missing name is currently offline minh Missing nameFriend
Thanks, would you please tell how can i get to the Web Tool forum?
Re: Webservice and Webservice Client generation [message #810843 is a reply to message #810831] Thu, 01 March 2012 15:54 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 3/1/2012 8:54 AM, minh Mising name wrote:
> Thanks, would you please tell how can i get to the Web Tool forum?

Go to the forum page on eclipse.org (where you found this forum) and
look under projects.
Previous Topic:IMAGE URI
Next Topic:Configuration Problem by Newbie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:23:08 GMT 2024