Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problem with Javascript function inside objects on WTP 3.3.2(Updating from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2 disappeared with some functions from the Outline Panel)
Problem with Javascript function inside objects on WTP 3.3.2 [message #806482] Sat, 25 February 2012 02:13 Go to next message
Samuel Sol is currently offline Samuel SolFriend
Hey guys,

Let's see if I can explain what the issue is so you can tell me if it is a bug and how to report it better. Although as the title implies it is related to Javascript, I think it was a behavior changed on WTP 3.3.1 that got rollback on 3.3.2 .

Before updating, the Outline panel of Eclipse would not "find" functions that were two level deep in an object. For example, on the below file:

//file 1
var GOBJ = {};
GOBJ.dataA = {};
GOBJ.dataB = false;

//file 2
var GOBJ;
GOBJ.functions = {};
GOBJ.functions.funcA = function(){};
GOBJ.functions.funcB = function(){};
GOBJ.functions.funcC = function(){};

Before updating to WTP 3.3.1 , the outline panel for file 2 would be empty, the only thing showing was GOBJ:___GOBJ(). After the update, the functions started appearing correctly. So the Outline would now be:

GOBJ:___GOBJ()
GOBJ.functions.funcA;
GOBJ.functions.funcB;
GOBJ.functions.funcC;

And clicking on the name would correctly send you to the line. Today I update Indigo completely, and as part of the update WTP got updated to 3.3.2 and the behavior is now the same as on 3.3.0. Now since I updated the fully Indigo\PDT package today, the problem might be somewhere else, but since it only started working on 3.3.1 I think it might be in here.
Re: Problem with Javascript function inside objects on WTP 3.3.2 [message #1712233 is a reply to message #806482] Thu, 22 October 2015 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyle Hopkins is currently offline Lyle HopkinsFriend
I have the same issue. Functions below the 1st level of the object are not shown in the outline. I'm on Luna 4.4.2 WTP JavaScript 1.6.100.

How can I get these functions showing in the outline?
Re: Problem with Javascript function inside objects on WTP 3.3.2 [message #1727370 is a reply to message #1712233] Tue, 22 March 2016 13:29 Go to previous message
thomas menzel is currently offline thomas menzelFriend
it seems that nesting of elements > Level 1 (i.e. 2 levels in total) are not supported as of Juno.

see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=472855#c1
Previous Topic:How to migrate and deploy gradle project to azure
Next Topic:Jetty Cross Context Session Sharing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:09:46 GMT 2024