Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » EDT default schema(EDT default schema)
icon5.gif  EDT default schema [message #806314] Fri, 24 February 2012 20:25 Go to next message
GABRIEL CACERES is currently offline GABRIEL CACERESFriend
Sincerely, I'm trying to do the tutorial RUI With DataBase Lesson 3, but using Informix IDS 11.70 and when I'm creating a record egl only shows me the catalog tables User informix whose tabid <100 the other tables are not shown to me and I can not continue.

I should indicate in the "default schema" in the database I'm working on schemes not explicitly created as it is called the default schema.

thanks in advance if you can guide me in this matter.

sorry for my English I'm using google translator
Re: EDT default schema [message #808214 is a reply to message #806314] Mon, 27 February 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Hoffman is currently offline Paul HoffmanFriend
I am assuming you have:

1. Established a connection between EDT and the Informix database.
2. Successfully created table PAYMENT in the database using the create statement shown in the tutorial.

I do not know why the PAYMENT table was not shown to you when you attempted to retrieve the record definition from the database. However you may be able to proceed with the rest of the tutorial by creating a new EGL source file named paymentRecords.egl in package records in the EGLSource directory shared project and pasting this record definition from the tutorial into the file:

record paymentRec  { @Table {name="PAYMENT"} } 
     paymentId int {@Id, @GeneratedValue, @Column { name="PAYMENT_ID" } };
     category int { @Column { name="CATEGORY" } } ;
     description string? { @Column { name="DESCRIPTION" } } ;	
     amount decimal(10,2) { @Column { name="AMOUNT" } } ;
     fixedPayment boolean { @Column { name="FIXED_PAYMENT" } } ;
     dueDate date { @Column { name="DUE_DATE" } } ;		
     payeeName string { @Column { name="PAYEE_NAME" } } ;
     payeeAddress1 string { @Column { name="PAYEE_ADDRESS1" } } ;
     payeeAddress2 string { @Column { name="PAYEE_ADDRESS2" } } ;
end 

Re: EDT default schema [message #808222 is a reply to message #808214] Mon, 27 February 2012 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
Paul, I ran across something that might be related. I went to create a record using the wizard and when it asked me to select a table, I couldn't find the table I wanted. I was able to see the library and some of the tables in the library, but not all of them. I thought it might be an authority issue so I went in and granted *PUBLIC *ALL access, but no matter what the file never appeared.

I don't know if the table and schema lists gets cached or not; is that possible?

Joe
Re: EDT default schema [message #808287 is a reply to message #808222] Mon, 27 February 2012 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Hoffman is currently offline Paul HoffmanFriend
Joe,

What database manager were you using?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: EDT default schema [message #808296 is a reply to message #808287] Mon, 27 February 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
Sorry about that. I was using DB2 for i5/OS. New files don't seem to show up in the list; is there a way to force a refresh of the file list?
Re: EDT default schema [message #808757 is a reply to message #806314] Tue, 28 February 2012 05:11 Go to previous message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Hi GABRIEL,

I tried the Informix 10.x database, and can create the records from the database successfully.

Could you please try to open the 'Data Source Explorer' view (Window > Show View > Other > Data Source Explorer), and then expand the connection tree see if you can find the tables?

You can refer to my attached screen-shot for more detailed.

index.php/fa/7340/0/

Rocky
  • Attachment: database.jpg
    (Size: 50.93KB, Downloaded 895 times)
Previous Topic:Array Variable record
Next Topic:Calling Stored Procedures from EDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:20:41 GMT 2024