Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus source code(Import problems)
Papyrus source code [message #806143] Fri, 24 February 2012 15:42 Go to next message
Fabio Piccinetti is currently offline Fabio PiccinettiFriend
Hi everybody, I'm new here.

For the purpose of an University exam I have to create an eclipse plugin that allow users to do certain operation in a Sequence Diagram. My professor told us to use Papyrus for the drawing diagram part.
I used TortoiseSVN to download the source code. The download took several hours and ended with an error message after the demand of a name in a popup where it asked "Login as:". The folder downloaded, anyway, is about 10GB!!!

Then i tried to import as an existing project but I have some error message like "Resource '/alfFeature' already exists." and so on with all other projects in the folder I have downloaded. What I have to do to resolve that?
Re: Papyrus source code [message #806152 is a reply to message #806143] Fri, 24 February 2012 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

Several hours ? 10 GB ? What exactly did you try to checkout ? It can take some time to download the sources, but several hours is really too much. You shouldn't checkout more than a single version's "plugins" folder (e.g. branches/0.8.X/plugins), which is already 500~800 MB.

Also, do you really need to download the sources ? As there is no psf file for the 0.8.X version, it can be complicated to retrieve a coherent set of plug-ins (And 0.9.0 sources are probably not stable enough yet).

Camille Letavernier
Re: Papyrus source code [message #808904 is a reply to message #806152] Tue, 28 February 2012 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I took the URL from the papyrus page in the eclipse site and it's the following:

http:[slash][slash]dev.eclipse.org[slash]svnroot[slash]modeling[slash]org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus

now i tried to attach the url part you wrote at the final part of the URL i had, and it's downloading (i hope it's downloading the source for version 0.8 ).

And yes, i really need sources beacause i have to add some function and i need to modify the way the storage file is created.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2012 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus source code [message #808941 is a reply to message #808904] Tue, 28 February 2012 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:

after that, I downloaded a source folder that's is about 41MB. Even if it seems too small I tried to import as an existing project and i have the following error:

Resource '/org.eclipse.papyrus.constraintwithessentialocl.editor.xtext' already exists.
Re: Papyrus source code [message #808950 is a reply to message #808941] Tue, 28 February 2012 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

As I said, it can be pretty complicated to install a valid source version of Papyrus (At least for the branch), because not all plug-ins from the plugins/ folder are required (And, even worse, some of them should not be used). For example, the folder plugins/ocl contains a plug-in which is also located in plugins/uml (Which is why you have this error).

I think you should only download the following:

- plugins/core
- plugins/uml
- plugins/others

And if you install Papyrus before downloading the sources, it becomes much easier to have a coherent set of plug-ins (Because what is missing in the sources will at least be installed).

Camille Letavernier
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1001027 is a reply to message #808950] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walid Ban is currently offline Walid BanFriend
Hi
I imported the papyrus source code from the SVN repository, but i couldn't run it!! I didn't know how?
I tried the other method (import with a psf file) but i obtained java projects full of errors!! so i couldn't run it :/
I want to modify some classes code and view the result of my modification but i couldn't because i couldn't run papyrus!
Can you help me please?? Thank you
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1001192 is a reply to message #1001027] Wed, 16 January 2013 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

It's difficult to tell what's needed.

If you install from e.g.
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/nightly/kepler
you will find that there is a source feature.

If all you want is to browse/debug the source feature will do. You can
Import plugins as sources for those of interest.

If you really want to get code from SVN you could use the downloaded
sources as a guide to what is useful.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 15/01/2013 21:59, Walid Ban wrote:
> Hi I imported the papyrus source code from the SVN repository, but i
> couldn't run it!! I didn't know how?
> I tried the other method (import with a psf file) but i obtained java
> projects full of errors!! so i couldn't run it :/ I want to modify
> some classes code and view the result of my modification but i
> couldn't because i couldn't run papyrus!
> Can you help me please?? Thank you
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1001745 is a reply to message #1001192] Thu, 17 January 2013 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi ed,
thank you for replying...
when i get into run configuration-->run as java application, i couldn t find the main class in the the whole downloaded trunk! i didn t find a project named app or framework to fin that class.
i saw a video on youtube named "violet uml editor - how to configure eclipse and get the source code of the project" which explained that maven could build the java structure src/main to be able to run as a java application. well,i tried to do that but i didn t succeed may be because he has the project named framework and i don t..
could you please suggest some solutions? thanks a lot
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1001749 is a reply to message #1001745] Thu, 17 January 2013 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Papyrus is an Eclipse Plug-in. It is not a standalone Java Application. This means that you must run Papyrus as an "Eclipse Application", not as a "Java Application". You can select any Papyrus plug-in and "Run as... Eclipse Application".

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1001810 is a reply to message #1001749] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello camille,
thanks a lot for your message..
i did that before but i wasn t sure about that..now i m sure, so back to work! Smile
regards
icon4.gif  Re: Papyrus source code [message #1003313 is a reply to message #1001749] Sun, 20 January 2013 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,
I download Papyrus source code using psf file(obtained in http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/psf/subclipse/plugins_http.psf)
and i ran it, I was unable to create neither a Papyrus project nor a papyrus model because there are errors that prevent the right execution of this plugin.

The frame responsible of checking Diagram Category doesn't appear and here's the error message: "Could not find DiagramCategory for uml".
Please, can you suggest me a better psf file ?
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1718090 is a reply to message #1003313] Sat, 19 December 2015 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiem salah is currently offline wiem salahFriend
I have that same problem too Can somebody help us please???
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Re: Papyrus source code [message #1719150 is a reply to message #1718090] Tue, 05 January 2016 16:02 Go to previous message
Hi,

We moved to Git/Gerrit now. You can clone this repository:

git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git
https://git.eclipse.org/r/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus

The list of repositories related to Papyrus is available here (Eclipse Git repositories):

https://git.eclipse.org/c/?q=papyrus

Or here (Papyrus Project Page):

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.mdt.papyrus/developer

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Use case multiplicity
Next Topic:Showing a property for a stereotyped association
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:49:41 GMT 2024