Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Strange error on Mac build(Building RCP on Mac build box and i am getting a strange error)
Strange error on Mac build [message #805485] Thu, 23 February 2012 20:40
Mark Russell is currently offline Mark RussellFriend
I am running a headless PDE build on two Linux, one Windows and one Mac machies. Linux box one builds my RCP for Windows 32 and 64 bit machines, Linux 32 and 64 bit, and Mac 32 and 64 bit. This is an old build box and is being phased out. So on this box it is building all six RCP's, from the same code that is used on the Mac build box, with no errors. Because there are new OS specific parts to our RCP we are moving to building the RCP for the OS on a box running that OS. Windows and Linux builds work fine, but the Mac build box is failing with this error:
[echo] PDE exited with BUILD FAILED
[echo] /Users/yyy/dart-all/dart/editor/build_root/tmp/runtime/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.7.0.v20110512-1320/scripts/productBuild/productBuild.xml:44: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/build-dart/tmp/runtime/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.7.0.v20110512-1320/scripts/build.xml:118: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/build-dart/tmp/runtime/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.7.0.v20110512-1320/templates/headless-build/customTargets.xml:12: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/build-dart/tmp/runtime/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.7.0.v20110512-1320/scripts/productBuild/allElements.xml:20: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/build-dart/tmp/runtime/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.7.0.v20110512-1320/scripts/genericTargets.xml:190: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/dart-all/dart/editor/build_root/tmp/build/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.build.container.feature.all.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/dart-all/dart/editor/build_root/tmp/build/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.build.container.feature.all.xml:15: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/build-dart/tmp/runtime/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.7.0.v20110512-1320/scripts/productBuild/allElements.xml:35: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[echo] /Users/yyy/dart-all/dart/editor/build_root/tmp/build/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.build.container.feature.macosx.cocoa.x86.xml:97: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/yyy/dart-all/dart/editor/build_root/tmp/build/../../../../../../build-dart/tmp/build/plugins/com.google.dart.tools.deploy/icons/dart.icns (No such file or directory)
[echo] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
[echo] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:120)
[echo] at org.eclipse.pde.internal.publishing.Utils.copy(Utils.java:27)
[echo] at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.Utils.copy(Utils.java:402)
[echo] at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.BrandingIron.brandMac(BrandingIron.java:159)
[echo] at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.BrandingIron.brand(BrandingIron.java:78)
[echo] at org.eclipse.pde.internal.build.tasks.BrandTask.execute(BrandTask.java:46)
[echo] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
. . .

The strange part is the /Users/yyy/dart-all/dart/editor/build_root/tmp/build/../../../../../../build-dart/tmp/build/plugins/com.google.dart.tools.deploy/icons/dart.icns. If you follow the ..'s it tales you to the yyy user directory. I have searched and I have no references to ../../../../../.. in any files.

The interesting thing is that if I take the <macosx icon="/com.google.dart.tools.deploy/icons/dart.icns"/> entry out of the launcher entry.product file the error goes away. Unfortunately the program will not work properly of this entry is not in the file.

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this and keep failing. I'm looking for some pointers on how to solve this.

Mark Russell
Software Engineer in Test
Google, Inc
Previous Topic:When is a class &quot;API&quot;?
Next Topic:Creating file at Common location in plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:43:51 GMT 2024