Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » HTML testing drag and drop or simulating mouse down and mouse up actions on a component(HTML simulating mouse down, mouse up on components)
HTML testing drag and drop or simulating mouse down and mouse up actions on a component [message #804450] Wed, 22 February 2012 16:35 Go to next message
Marouane Ben Jelloul is currently offline Marouane Ben JelloulFriend
I found this in the documentation:
"Unlike other toolkits supported by Jubula , real clicks and key events are not sent to HTML AUT's . "

I also see that Drag and Drop is not supported in HTML.
What I do in my AUT is I use jqueryui dialog in my HTML page.
1/ I want to move this dialog dragging that dialog.
1/1/ can I do that and if yes how?
1/2/ if no, will I be able to do that in future?

I know I do not use Frames and IFrames.

2/ I was also wondering can we simulate a mouse_button_down, and mouse_button_up.
3/ I was also wondering can we simulate Key_down and Key_up. (for example: a user must do have the 'C' key down and click on a graphic component to do something)

Thanks,
marouane

Re: HTML testing drag and drop or simulating mouse down and mouse up actions on a component [message #805806 is a reply to message #804450] Fri, 24 February 2012 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Marouane,

For a clarification of how the actions for HTML work, I would recommend reading this thread. In short, to answer your second and third questions, using the "Click" actions will result in the component being clicked (i.e. mouse down followed by mouse up). Key presses can be achieved either by using the actions "input text" on the "application" component, "replace text" and "input text" on the "component with text" component, or by sending keystrokes via "key combination" on the application component - basically anything you find in the category "Input via keyboard" in the unbound modules concrete.

As for drag and drop - the feature is not currently in our backlog. If you want to move a whole dialog to different place on the screen, then this is something that we are unlikely to support, as the placement of a dialog has no functional difference. If however, you want to drag and drop individual components, then I would suggest entering an enhancement.

HTH,
Alex
Re: HTML testing drag and drop or simulating mouse down and mouse up actions on a component [message #808085 is a reply to message #805806] Mon, 27 February 2012 11:29 Go to previous message
Marouane Ben Jelloul is currently offline Marouane Ben JelloulFriend
Hi,

Thanks for the information, I still have some questions,

Q1/ Do you know if BREDEX GmbH might already be supporting drag and drop for HTML ?

Q2/ can we simulate click on <svg> element with jubula ? (this is here in case you know the answer fast, I will test it anyway)

As I understand mouse Down/Up and Key Down/Up is not planned and is not in the logic that you have in mind for an interface.
Q3/ is it technically difficult to support these actions and/or is it a "design" choice ?
My major problem about the dialog window is that the GUI I'm codding should behave differently depending if that dialog is at the top corner or in the middle of my window. Unfortunately I do not not have the power to change that choice even if I totally agree with you it is not a good design choice.

Nevertheless If <svg> elements can be clicked and may be in future drag and dropped,
I then have this question (I have not looked seriously the documentation):
Will I be able to drop my svg element inside another one at a particular position ?

Q4/ how can I re-size my dialog (in my case jqueryui.dialog) even if I have the drag and drop?
and this Q4 is a for a serious test because I want to see if my elements and text inside get reorganized as I expect.

I will think about adding the drag and drop if we can do with it the re-size, and if we can do the drop at a particular position inside an element.

sorry if sometimes I miss use element for component !?
Regards,
Marouane

Previous Topic:CTRL+Click open declration not open in full editor
Next Topic:Why the test case can not be started on my RCP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:05:08 GMT 2024