Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Http status 500 - Argument is null exception shown on screen
Http status 500 - Argument is null exception shown on screen [message #803327] Tue, 21 February 2012 07:32
Avrajit Chatterjee is currently offline Avrajit ChatterjeeFriend
Hi,

Sometimes we get this unusual error when we do random clicks on our RAP application.
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:Argument cannot be null". This cannot be always reproduced. The most annoying part is that it shows a HTTP Status 500 with the full stack trace on the browser screen.I see in the Table code , it does SWT.error call. I have updated the ErrorHandler.js file processJavaScriptErrorInResponse and processJavaScriptError methods to suppress errors being displayed on the screen and I know these wont help as its a server error. I have a few questions -

1. Is this a known error as I am unable to find an issue with the code.
Any hints/pointers to what I may be doing wrong is welcome.

2. How can I prevent this error from breaking the application and being displayed on the screen? I feel that I can show an error page on this occasion using the general Servlet-Error page mechanism. But I dont want to that. I want the error to be logged in my server logs and application to run smoothly.

3. Does SWT.error logs shows on the screen? If so, I think there will be a way to suppress them.

I am using RAP 1.5m4.

Any help is appreciated.
Previous Topic:Http status 500 - Argument is null exception shown on screen
Next Topic:Textwidget not updated when deleting character in IE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:26:20 GMT 2024