Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP Perspective disabled after installing Xdebug
PHP Perspective disabled after installing Xdebug [message #803267] Tue, 21 February 2012 05:30
Brett Williamson is currently offline Brett WilliamsonFriend
I installed Xdebug from the marketplace and after letting eclipse restart, I get an error message that says "unsupported content type in editor". No matter what php files I open, they were all like plain text files. I also notice that the PHP perspective is disabled. I can't find anything about this on google or anywhere on here. I hope I don't have to reinstall eclipse and all my other installed tools. I have PDT 3.0.2 and I installed Xdebug from the yoxos marketplace inside of PDT. Also installed is ACTF, WDT, and RAP. My OS is openSUSE 12.1 with Gnome 3 desktop.

I tried uninstalling everything from the marketplace and still no luck till I closed all perspectives and tried opening php perspective and it opened but then when I went to open a file, I got an error "invalid registry object".

Another restart and now it works... Let's see if I can screw it up again by reinstalling Xdebug!

After reinstalling Xdebug again, it still doesn't work and in yoxos marketplace under the installed tab, I see pdt runtime feature but it says install on the button. why would that be there? same with wst common ui? How can I just remove it all from my computer and just start over without reinstalling linux?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2012 05:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Zend PDT 3.0.2 Win32: No proposals in Code Assist for PHP source
Next Topic:Remote debugging perl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:51:58 GMT 2024