Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building
ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building [message #801032] Fri, 17 February 2012 20:53 Go to next message
Roded Bahat is currently offline Roded BahatFriend
Hi,
I've checked out the latest Sapphire version for verifying a bug fix.
Though when running apt clean-start on the checked out [root] directory, it fails midway through the build with the following error:
C:\Workspaces\dev.eclipse.org\org.eclipse.sapphire\build.xml:457: Found one or more files with missing copyright.

My current build.properties file is:
configurations = indigo-sr1
configuration.recommended = indigo-sr1
configuration.minreq = indigo-sr1

Appreciate any help on the matter.
Thanks,
Roded
Re: ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building [message #801655 is a reply to message #801032] Sat, 18 February 2012 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
I updated to the latest and was able to build cleanly on my local machine. Hudson is also building cleanly. It is possible that this problem has been resolved since you tried building last. Could you do another round of update + build? If it fails again, could you include more of the tail of the build output? For instance, the error message you posted, also includes the list of files that were found to be missing copyright.

Thanks,

- Konstantin
Re: ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building [message #802088 is a reply to message #801655] Sun, 19 February 2012 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
0_4_x builds fine.
The head fails with the following errors:
     [echo] Performing source code verification...
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.ui\Ope
nTypeHistory.xml
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.ui\Qua
lifiedTypeNameHistory.xml
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.ui\dia
log_settings.xml
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.ui\dia
log_settings.xml
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.views.l
og\dialog_settings.xml
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workben
ch\dialog_settings.xml
ch\workbench.xml
ch\workingsets.xml
     [echo] Missing copyright: plugins\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wb.discove
ry.core\toolkits.xml

I could paste the full log if needed.
Also, could you please comment on the recommended way of working with the local build of Sapphire?
As to what is the shortest and simplest way to build the current Sapphire, should I be calling clean-start every time?
Thanks,
Roded
Re: ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building [message #802902 is a reply to message #802088] Mon, 20 February 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
It looks like you have at some point created a workspace rooted at the plugins directory in your CVS workspace. The files in the resulting workspace metadata directory (.metadata) are interfering with the build. Close Eclipse, delete plugins/.metadata directory and re-create a workspace at a location outside of Sapphire CVS workspace. Then import plugins into that workspace from Sapphire CVS workspace.

Calling "ant clean-start" is indeed the recommended way to rebuild Sapphire after updating from CVS.

- Konstantin
Re: ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building [message #803044 is a reply to message #802902] Mon, 20 February 2012 21:28 Go to previous message
That fixed it.
Many thanks.
Previous Topic:Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule
Next Topic:IProject base type for property?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:35:14 GMT 2024