Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo issue java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Virgo issue java.lang.OutOfMemoryError [message #800856] Fri, 17 February 2012 15:55 Go to next message
Gabriel Afonso is currently offline Gabriel AfonsoFriend
Hello,

I'm developing an OSGi application, and I put the bundles in Virgo. But I have a problem, when I put a lot of times this bundle in Virgo (5 times at lest) it trow a error and then it going down.

This is the error message:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Dumping heap to /home/user/Virgo/virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.2.RELEASE/serviceability/heap_dump.hprof ...
Unable to create /home/user/Virgo/virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.2.RELEASE/serviceability/heap_dump.hprof: File exists

There are 8 bundles developing by me. 4 are normal bundles and the rest are WAB (Web application bundles). Also I'm using virgo Snaps.

What's happens? What am I doing wrong?
Re: Virgo issue java.lang.OutOfMemoryError [message #800857 is a reply to message #800856] Fri, 17 February 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

By "5 times" do you mean that you use the pickup folder to update your bundle during development?

Do you actually use IDE or just standalone Virgo (and pickup) from the console?
Re: Virgo issue java.lang.OutOfMemoryError [message #800860 is a reply to message #800857] Fri, 17 February 2012 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Afonso is currently offline Gabriel AfonsoFriend
Right now I'm using the pickup folder in the virgo admin page to update my bundles.
Re: Virgo issue java.lang.OutOfMemoryError [message #800869 is a reply to message #800860] Fri, 17 February 2012 16:13 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

If the OOM happens after several deployments this most probably means that some of the objects are left registered and kept in some structure (map, set, ...)

You can try to increase the VM's perm area size that holds class definitions. The VM parameter you need is -XX:MaxPermSize=<size>M. Change this in the Virgo's startup scripts or just set JAVA_OPTS environment variable.

The increased perm may solve the problem for a while but if the memory keeps growing then you'll need to check if there is some leak.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2012 16:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to read kernel dumps
Next Topic:Unable to build the Greenpages sample
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:19:03 GMT 2024