Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » model.di is empty
model.di is empty [message #800293] Thu, 16 February 2012 22:47 Go to next message
Francois Guillot is currently offline Francois GuillotFriend
Hi,

I'm new with Papyrus and I tried to create a sequence diagram using the Palette and "drawing" into the model.di file.
It worked great and I could save my work.
I can see that the model.uml file is updated and contains all the objects I created using the Palette.
I closed Eclipse, and on the next start :
- the model.uml file is still the same, containing everything I put in my sequence diagram
- but the model.di file is empty, showing nothing.

Did I do something wrong ? Is there a way to "update" de model.di with the content of the model.uml file ?

thanks
Francois
Re: model.di is empty [message #800572 is a reply to message #800293] Fri, 17 February 2012 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Francois,

It is possible to import a UML Model into Papyrus. It won't restore your diagrams, though. For most models, you can easily recreate a Diagram from importing a UML model and drag & droping elements from the ModelExplorer. However, I think there are undroppable elements in the sequence diagram... So this solution won't really work.

If the .di file is the only empty one, and if you're familiar with the xmi syntax, you can try to create a whole new Model, then replace the .notation and .uml files with your own. Don't forget to edit the Xmi ID in your new .di file, so that it can find your diagram(s).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: model.di is empty [message #801559 is a reply to message #800572] Sat, 18 February 2012 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi
I tried to create a new projet and to manually change the xmi ID inside model.di with the one from uml.notation, but no success.

Here are my files, if you can have a quick look ...

thanks
  • Attachment: model.di
    (Size: 0.66KB, Downloaded 301 times)
  • Attachment: model.uml
    (Size: 41.03KB, Downloaded 278 times)
  • Attachment: model.notation
    (Size: 1.91KB, Downloaded 268 times)
Re: model.di is empty [message #802722 is a reply to message #801559] Mon, 20 February 2012 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

I can open the model, which contains a Sequence diagram. However, the diagram is empty. The notation file only contains the root elements of the diagram (An interaction and a label), so you won't be able to get anything back from this file.

There seems to sometimes be a silent exception on the save action. I'll report a bug for that, as soon as I have found a way to reproduce it...

Camille Letavernier
Re: model.di is empty [message #802751 is a reply to message #802722] Mon, 20 February 2012 11:51 Go to previous message
ok, thanks
I'll start from scratch then ...

Maybe this can help you with the save problem :
When I use the palette to draw on the .di file, it also updates the .uml and .notation files => OK
But when I press Ctrl+S to save my modifications, the star (*) near model.di stays displayed, showing that the .di file is not saved, even if the two other files are saved.
Previous Topic:how can i customize primitive types to contain a few more attributes?
Next Topic:Installation problems with Papyrus 0.9.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:05:04 GMT 2024