Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » GEF Inspector Problem(GEF Inspector Does not seem to work)
GEF Inspector Problem [message #799966] Thu, 16 February 2012 14:13 Go to next message
Abhishek M is currently offline Abhishek MFriend
I am facing a problem with Identifying objects within a Figure Canvas. I went through the Help doc on Jubula and found that there is something called GEF Inspector which can be used to detect components within a Figure Canvas. I followed the Instructions and started GEF Inspector by clicking on the AUT Name but when I run the Mouse pointer over components in my test object there is no Blue Outline. If I switch to the Object Mapper there is the unmistakable Green Border that appears for the Figure Canvas so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the GEF Inspector at my end. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

I checked the log and this is the error that occurs ...

Quote:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-02-16 19:19:45.546
!MESSAGE Failed to execute item org.eclipse.jubula.client.inspector.ui.inspectorView.toolbar.activateInspector
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterValueConversionException: Could not convert parameter value: null
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.command.parameters.AutIdentifierParameterValueConverter.convertToObject(AutIdentifierParameterValueConverter.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.command.parameters.AutIdentifierParameterValueConverter.convertToObject(AutIdentifierParameterValueConverter.java:1)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.commands.ParameterValueConverterProxy.convertToObject(ParameterValueConverterProxy.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionEvent.getObjectParameterForExecution(ExecutionEvent.java:183)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.inspector.ui.handlers.ActivateInspectorHandler.execute(ActivateInspectorHandler.java:52)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:820)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:806)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:796)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jubula.app.Launcher.start(Launcher.java:347)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #800537 is a reply to message #799966] Fri, 17 February 2012 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

could you check whether clicking on the figures actually collects the figure textpath? The blue frame doesn't always appear - it will depend on the application. If you can collect the figurepath anyway, don't worry. If not, then write back Smile

HTH,
Alex
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #800699 is a reply to message #800537] Fri, 17 February 2012 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply Alex
I did check this basically what happens is I activate the GEF Inspector then goto my Aut application and try to click on Objects in the figure canvas when i come back to jubula there are no steps recorded in the GEF inspector tab also for some reason the GEF inspector button is enabled again. I am assuming that because there is some error the GEF inspector has terminated and no steps are recorded. Not sure if what I am thinking is correct. Not sure even if I am using the GEF inspector in the correct way.
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #800720 is a reply to message #800699] Fri, 17 February 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The inspector is used to collect the textpath for a figure (currently only one at a time) from a canvas. Can none of the figures be collected (remember to reactivate the inspector before each attempt, and bear in mind that you may have to activate the AUT first by clicking e.g. in the titlebar), or is it just some figures? What kind of figures does your AUT use?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #802560 is a reply to message #800720] Mon, 20 February 2012 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I have attached a screen shot of my application screen the boxes in the middle of the screen have check boxes I just need to record the clicks on the individual check boxes for testing purposes these are basically figures created using the draw2d library. When i click on this there is nothing recorded in the GEF Inspector window whereas other components out of the component are captured.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #802633 is a reply to message #802560] Mon, 20 February 2012 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. I'd like to clarify one thing before recommending that you enter a ticket. You used the word "record" and said that clicking on other components causes them to be captured. Are you using the Observation Mode (started using the camera in the toolbar as described here) or are you using the Inspector, whose button is in the "Inspector View" and looks like a little blue man in a hat? The documentation for the inspector is here. The reason I ask is that the observation mode will not let you record GEF objects, and the inspector will not let you record clicks or actions on components like buttons etc. From your description it sounds like you may be trying to use the Observation Mode to collect GEF figures.

If you are sure that you are using the GEF Inspector, please enter a ticket in the Jubula Bugzilla containing a summary of this forum thread (stack trace, image, description of how the figures are created etc) as well as information on the version of Eclipse you are using, the system you are working on and any other information that will help us to analyse the problem. A snippet of the code used to create your figures would also be very helpful. You can then link to the ticket you create in this thread.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #802683 is a reply to message #802633] Mon, 20 February 2012 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes I am using the recording button for recording the test case so just in the same way I assumed that when the GEF inspector is activated on a click we should see some ID or step that appears in the GEF inspector window.
I will open a ticket thank you so much for your help.
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #803288 is a reply to message #802683] Tue, 21 February 2012 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Just one more question before I raise a ticket. Would trying to add an accessibility plug-in help or is it so that if the GEF Inspector is not working then there is no point in trying to create an accessibility plug-in?

Thanks,
Abhishek
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #803540 is a reply to message #803288] Tue, 21 February 2012 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Nope, that would make no difference in this case I believe. The accessibility plugins are for figures that we already support, but to give them better names. Either there is a problem with the inspector, or your figures are of a different type - neither of these problems would be fixable by adding accessibility plugins.

Regards,
Alex
Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #804079 is a reply to message #803540] Wed, 22 February 2012 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Thanks a lot Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2012 07:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GEF Inspector Problem [message #815086 is a reply to message #804079] Wed, 07 March 2012 08:00 Go to previous message
Link to bug entry (since closed):
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=373318
Previous Topic:Issues regarding an AUT SWT is that toggles to Swing
Next Topic:The good, the bad and the Ugly - Summary after 1 month of jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:02:18 GMT 2024