Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » XMI model from xtext file(XMI model from xtext file)
XMI model from xtext file [message #799950] Thu, 16 February 2012 13:54 Go to next message
Ismail Zine is currently offline Ismail ZineFriend
Hi,

And how can I get an XMI model from a DSL textual file?
You should know that I don't have the .generator project ( I don't have this option when creating an xtext project )

Thanks,
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #800021 is a reply to message #799950] Thu, 16 February 2012 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Ismail,

did you try to read the dsl file, resolve the cross references and add
the contents of the parsed resource to a newly created XMI resource? I
assume you are familiar with the EMF resource concept?

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 16.02.12 14:54, schrieb Ismail Zine:
> Hi,
>
> And how can I get an XMI model from a DSL textual file?
> You should know that I don't have the .generator project ( I don't have
> this option when creating an xtext project )
>
> Thanks,
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #800028 is a reply to message #800021] Thu, 16 February 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I read a little bit about it..
I wrote something quite similar to this but i don't where I should be put it

Injector injector = new MyModelStandaloneSetup().createInjectorAndDoEMFRegistration();
ResourceSet resourceSet = injector.getInstance(XtextResourceSet.class);

resourceSet.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getExtensionToFactoryMap().put(
Resource.Factory.Registry.DEFAULT_EXTENSION,
new XMIResourceFactoryImpl());

URI uri = URI.createURI("person.cm");
Resource xtextResource = resourceSet.getResource(uri, true);
try {
xtextResource.load(null);
} catch (IOException e1) {
e1.printStackTrace();
}
EcoreUtil.resolveAll(xtextResource);
Resource xmiResource = resourceSet.createResource(URI.createURI("test.xmi"));
xmiResource.getContents().add(xtextResource.getContents().get(0));
try {
xmiResource.save(null);
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801077 is a reply to message #800028] Fri, 17 February 2012 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found something interesting in the generator workflow that could help to save the xtext resource as xmi..
<component file="my/textual/dsl/parser/Parser.oaw">
<metaModel idRef="mm"/>
<outputSlot value="mymodel"/>
<modelFile value="person.dsl"/>
</component>

<component class="oaw.emf.XmiWriter">
<modelFile value="out.xmi"/>
<inputSlot value="mymodel"/>
</component>

the problem is that The Modeling Workow Engine 2 syntax is different from the the modeling workflow engine, and when I try to write like :
component = oaw.emf.XmiWriter {
modelFile = "out.xmi"
inputSlot = "mymodel"
}
the following error appears : Couldn't resolve reference to JvmType 'oaw.emf.XmiWriter'
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801089 is a reply to message #801077] Fri, 17 February 2012 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

which version do you use. i guess you use M2T Xpand (>=0.7) and not oAW Xpand (<= 4.3.1)

=> the classname is org.eclipse.xtend.typesystem.emf.XmiWriter
but since it is deprecated you should use org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.Writer

even if you use good old oaw xpand it is org.openarchitectureware....XmiWriter
(the shorthands of mwe wont work)

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801109 is a reply to message #801089] Fri, 17 February 2012 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your response, I have 1.1.1 version
there is no documentation of org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.Writer, which is weird!!
do u know how can I write the parser component ( the file property !! )
<component file="my/textual/dsl/parser/Parser.oaw">
<metaModel idRef="mm"/>
<outputSlot value="mymodel"/>
<modelFile value="person.dsl"/>
</component>
using the Modeling Workow Engine 2.

thanks,

Ismail
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801326 is a reply to message #801109] Sat, 18 February 2012 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi once more oAW Xtext != Eclipse Xtext => Trying to translate a oAW Xtext Workflow is of limited sense.
there is the org.eclipse.xtext.mwe.Reader or the org.eclipse.xtext.mwe.UriBasedReader
for that

~Christian

Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801554 is a reply to message #801326] Sat, 18 February 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

this is driving me crazy!! I'm trying this which, I found in xtext 2.1 documentation:( to read the dsl file and load it as a xtextResource )

Injector injector = new GaCodeModelStandaloneSetup().createInjectorAndDoEMFRegistration();
XtextResourceSet resourceSet = injector.getInstance(XtextResourceSet.class);

but it throws this exception :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot create a resource for 'person.cm'; a registered resource factory is needed
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:394)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.SynchronizedXtextResourceSet.getResource(SynchronizedXtextResourceSet.java:23)

so I add this to the code

it throws
Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:315)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:397)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.SynchronizedXtextResourceSet.getResource(SynchronizedXtextResourceSet.java:23)
at geneauto.models.ModelStandaloneSetup.main(ModelStandaloneSetup.java:50)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:174)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:388)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1414)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1039)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:395)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:181)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:242)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1511)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1290)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:255)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:270)
... 3 more

in the second eclipse, when I try to open the dsl file using a sample reflective ecore editor as shown in the xtext website, it gives the same exception!! ( content is not allowed in prolog )
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801586 is a reply to message #801554] Sat, 18 February 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi are you sure cm is the extension of your dsl

Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801666 is a reply to message #801586] Sat, 18 February 2012 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I'm sure...
When I create files with cm as extension in the second eclipse, I can use all the editor functions..
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801671 is a reply to message #801666] Sat, 18 February 2012 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

then

Injector injector = new GaCodeModelStandaloneSetup().createInjectorAndDoEMFRegistration();

should be totally sufficient. and i have no idea why this is not working

can you share the code of your GaCodeModelStandaloneSetup and GaCodeModelStandaloneSetupGenerated?

~Christian

Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801702 is a reply to message #801671] Sat, 18 February 2012 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
public class GaCodeModelStandaloneSetup extends GaCodeModelStandaloneSetupGenerated{

public static void doSetup() {
		new GaCodeModelStandaloneSetup().createInjectorAndDoEMFRegistration();
	}
}

public class GaCodeModelStandaloneSetupGenerated implements ISetup {

public Injector createInjectorAndDoEMFRegistration() {
		org.eclipse.xtext.common.TerminalsStandaloneSetup.doSetup();

Injector injector = createInjector();
		register(injector);
		return injector;
	}

public Injector createInjector() {
		return Guice.createInjector(new geneauto.models.GaCodeModelRuntimeModule());
	}

public void register(Injector injector) {
	if (!EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE.containsKey("http://www.models.geneauto/GaCodeModel")) {
		EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE.put("http://www.models.geneauto/GaCodeModel", geneauto.models.gaCodeModel.GaCodeModelPackage.eINSTANCE);
	}

org.eclipse.xtext.resource.IResourceFactory resourceFactory = injector.getInstance(org.eclipse.xtext.resource.IResourceFactory.class);
		org.eclipse.xtext.resource.IResourceServiceProvider serviceProvider = injector.getInstance(org.eclipse.xtext.resource.IResourceServiceProvider.class);
		Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE.getExtensionToFactoryMap().put("CM", resourceFactory);
		org.eclipse.xtext.resource.IResourceServiceProvider.Registry.INSTANCE.getExtensionToFactoryMap().put("CM", serviceProvider);
	}
}
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801703 is a reply to message #801671] Sat, 18 February 2012 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.S Btw from "where" do you execute this code.

Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801712 is a reply to message #801702] Sat, 18 February 2012 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it could be the problem..
I created a main method in the GaCodeModelStandaloneSetup class to test the code...is it a problem?
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801716 is a reply to message #801712] Sat, 18 February 2012 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope this is ok. but your fileextension is CM and not cm (the editor will work anyway - but may be buggy to)

Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801719 is a reply to message #801716] Sat, 18 February 2012 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried with CM and it gives the same error!!!
Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801720 is a reply to message #801719] Sat, 18 February 2012 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course if you use the correct file extension you wont need the

stuff

Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #801725 is a reply to message #801720] Sat, 18 February 2012 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, you are totally right....
I deleted this statement and I tried with the CM extension and it works.
Here is the code for who may be interested:

URI uri = URI.createURI("personXMI.CM");
		// Resource xtextResource = resourceSet.createResource(uri);

EcoreUtil.resolveAll(xtextResource);

Resource xmiResource = resourceSet.createResource(URI.createURI("test.xmi"));
		xmiResource.getContents().add(xtextResource.getContents().get(0));
		try {
			xmiResource.save(null);
		} catch (IOException e) {
			e.printStackTr

thanks for your help.

Ismail
icon10.gif  Re: XMI model from xtext file [message #1479407 is a reply to message #801725] Wed, 19 November 2014 12:01 Go to previous message
Puneet Patwari is currently offline Puneet PatwariFriend
This post has been of great help to me. I have been facing the same problem for a quite a long time now. Smile Very Happy
Previous Topic:Infer DSL by using ANT
Next Topic:How to reload a DefaultUiModule in xtext?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:16:31 GMT 2024