Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Limitations of activity filtering(Are there some aspect of the Eclipse IDE that cannot be filtered out by using activities?)
Limitations of activity filtering [message #799491] Thu, 16 February 2012 00:23 Go to next message
n m is currently offline n mFriend
I have a plug-in for a custom language that extends the Eclipse IDE to allow programming in that language, let's call it xyz.

So far, we have everything working with the base application as the Eclipse IDE (org.eclipse.ui.ide plugin is a dependency). Based on some recent requirements, we need to create a lighter version of the IDE that will basically remove the whole concept of Projects, Workspaces etc; just a simple editor with some basic launching facilities in the Console and some other specific things. So it will be a simple Matlab like concept for xyz language.

I first started with using activities to hide things like the Project menu and I would also want to hide File -> New... -> Project... and menu contributions like that. I tried using various expressions with the activity binding pattern to hide the Project menu for example, but it didn't work. I am getting the impression that there are some aspects of the Eclipse IDE that cannot be affected by activities. If this is true then I would need to create an RCP based IDE for xyz language. I would like to confirm this before I make such a major change to my current setup.

I had also posted on stackoverflow but I was directed to the Eclipse forums as a better place for such a question.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 February 2012 00:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Limitations of activity filtering [message #808455 is a reply to message #799491] Mon, 27 February 2012 20:03 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You can't hide the Project menu (if you are using the ide application) as it was added programmatically by the WorkbenchActionBuilder.

PW

Previous Topic:CreatePartControl is getting called two times
Next Topic:Hide popupMenu contribution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:15:43 GMT 2024