Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Sort files by folder first, then filenames?
Sort files by folder first, then filenames? [message #797763] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:49 Go to next message
Anthony DePalma is currently offline Anthony DePalmaFriend
This seemed to be the standard method of sorting files within projects before I upgrade to indigo. Now by default all files and folders are sorted strictly alphabetically which makes it extremely confusing having files mixed around with the folders. Is there any setting to use the old way of sorting by folders first, then files?
Re: Sort files by folder first, then filenames? [message #797971 is a reply to message #797763] Tue, 14 February 2012 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

In which View are you seeing this behavior?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Sort files by folder first, then filenames? [message #798012 is a reply to message #797971] Tue, 14 February 2012 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Clevery is currently offline Nick CleveryFriend
There is a Sort menu when you click on the arrow on the top left of the view, you can select sort by name or sort by type.
Re: Sort files by folder first, then filenames? [message #798301 is a reply to message #798012] Tue, 14 February 2012 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the standard project explorer view, but I'm not talking about java packages or resources on the classpath. Take the WEB-INF folder for example in a web project, all of my files in the nested /jsp folder are sorted this way but I see no option anywhere to change the sort, only things like Top Level Elements, Package Presentation etc. Where should I be looking exactly?
Re: Sort files by folder first, then filenames? [message #798499 is a reply to message #798301] Tue, 14 February 2012 19:17 Go to previous message
It appears the answer is to use the 'Package Explorer' view rather than the 'Project Explorer'
Previous Topic:sh error trying to import rpy2.robjects in EasyEclipse
Next Topic:Install plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:40:24 GMT 2024