Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Jerrit Connector - cannot add a reviewer through Mylyn
Jerrit Connector - cannot add a reviewer through Mylyn [message #796734] Sun, 12 February 2012 13:14 Go to next message
Ron K is currently offline Ron KFriend

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the way to send some changelist for review is to push it to git, then after synchronizing the task repository Mylyn view, I see a new task (review)for this changelist. I can then open the task and add a reviewer.

This latter part doesn't seem to work. When I click on "Add reviewer", if I use
the dialog's autocomplete feature (CTRL-space), then I only see my own username, and no others. If on the other hand, I manually type the username or email of the user whom I want to review the change, the addition fails with an error message and the
stack trace copied below.

So in order to add a reviewer, we need to go to the Gerrit web interface, where it easily succeeds. But the whole point for us, is working solely within Eclipse.

Thanks

Ron.

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335
java.version=1.6.0_30
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Error
Sun Feb 12 15:11:59 IST 2012
Operation Failed: Error parsing request

org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritException: Error parsing request
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.JSonSupport.parseResponse(JSonSupport.java:205)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritService.invoke(GerritService.java:106)
at $Proxy14.addReviewers(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient$13.execute(GerritClient.java:512)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient.executeOnce(GerritClient.java:848)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient.execute(GerritClient.java:834)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient.addReviewers(GerritClient.java:509)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.AddReviewersRequest.execute(AddReviewersRequest.java:51)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.AddReviewersRequest.execute(AddReviewersRequest.java:1)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.GerritOperation.execute(GerritOperation.java:55)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.GerritOperation.run(GerritOperation.java:45)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.ui.operations.GerritOperationDialog$1.run(GerritOperationDialog.java:105)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Re: Jerrit Connector - cannot add a reviewer through Mylyn [message #797665 is a reply to message #796734] Mon, 13 February 2012 19:20 Go to previous message
Steffen Pingel is currently offline Steffen PingelFriend
Hi,

please file a bug and include the stack trace and details which version of
Gerrit you are using. I know that this used to work with Gerrit 2.1.5 but
there I have seen similar problems with recent version of Gerrit.

Please feel free to file a feature request for improving content assist.
It's currently based on known user IDs that are retrieved from the Task List
but it doesn't actually provide the same suggestions that are available in
the Gerrit web UI.

Thanks,

Steffen

Ron K wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> If I understand correctly, the way to send some changelist for review is
> to push it to git, then after synchronizing the task repository Mylyn
> view, I see a new task (review)for this changelist. I can then open the
> task and add a reviewer.
>
> This latter part doesn't seem to work. When I click on "Add reviewer", if
> I use
> the dialog's autocomplete feature (CTRL-space), then I only see my own
> username, and no others. If on the other hand, I manually type the
> username or email of the user whom I want to review the change, the
> addition fails with an error message and the stack trace copied below.
>
> So in order to add a reviewer, we need to go to the Gerrit web interface,
> where it easily succeeds. But the whole point for us, is working solely
> within Eclipse.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron.
>
> eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335
> java.version=1.6.0_30
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
> Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
> Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product
> org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
>
> Error
> Sun Feb 12 15:11:59 IST 2012
> Operation Failed: Error parsing request
>
> org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritException: Error
> parsing request at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.JSonSupport.parseResponse(JSonSupport.java:205)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritService.invoke(GerritService.java:106)
> at $Proxy14.addReviewers(Unknown Source) at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient$13.execute(GerritClient.java:512)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient.executeOnce(GerritClient.java:848)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient.execute(GerritClient.java:834)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.client.GerritClient.addReviewers(GerritClient.java:509)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.AddReviewersRequest.execute(AddReviewersRequest.java:51)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.AddReviewersRequest.execute(AddReviewersRequest.java:1)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.GerritOperation.execute(GerritOperation.java:55)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.core.operations.GerritOperation.run(GerritOperation.java:45)
> at
>
org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.gerrit.ui.operations.GerritOperationDialog$1.run(GerritOperationDialog.java:105)
> at
>
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

--
Steffen Pingel
Committer, http://eclipse.org/mylyn
Senior Developer, http://tasktop.com
Previous Topic:Jerrit Connector - the dreaded xsrfKey problem - can't connect any more
Next Topic:[wikitext] Use Wikitext with Maven/Tycho
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:21:51 GMT 2024