Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem with Library Item and Datasource
Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #796399] Sat, 11 February 2012 23:53 Go to next message
Shane Allred is currently offline Shane AllredFriend
I exported a table to a BIRT library and everything works great in eclipse. However, running the same report in the BIRT viewer results in an error (see below). The strange thing is that I have other library items on the same report that access the exact same datasource that run fine. The report also renders perfectly fine in eclipse.

I've tried copy and pasting the library item into the report and that seems to work fine. But when I link to it as a library table item, it results in this error:

The following items have errors:

Table (id = 345):
- Can not load the report query: 345. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 345. (Element ID:345)

Error.ReportQueryLoadingError2 ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Can not load the report query: 345. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 345. (Element ID:345)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataPresentationEngine.doExecuteQuery(DataPresentationEngine.java:160)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:267)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1905)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ReportItemExecutor.executeQuery(ReportItemExecutor.java:412)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.TableItemExecutor.doExecute(TableItemExecutor.java:72)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ReportItemExecutor.execute(ReportItemExecutor.java:294)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor.prepareChildExecutor(ContainerExecutor.java:226)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor.hasNextChild(ContainerExecutor.java:110)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.hasNextChild(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:86)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.hasNextChild(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:86)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:62)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resumeLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:111)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:160)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layoutChildren(HTMLTableLM.java:132)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:681)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:294)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1547)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPage(BirtViewerReportService.java:204)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.doExecution(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:238)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:105)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at edu.byu.msm.BirtSecurityFilter.doFilter(BirtSecurityFilter.java:175)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:300)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I'm really out of ideas as to why this would happen for one of my library items and not for others that access the same datasource. It is also strange the preview works perfect in eclipse and I only have this problem in the BIRT Viewer.

Thanks

Shane

Re: Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #796406 is a reply to message #796399] Sun, 12 February 2012 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found that the error has something to do with the frameset view. When I run the report using preview it works perfectly. In the frameset I get the error.
Re: Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #797609 is a reply to message #796406] Mon, 13 February 2012 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

What type of data set is it?

Jason

On 2/11/2012 7:08 PM, Shane Allred wrote:
> I found that the error has something to do with the frameset view. When
> I run the report using preview it works perfectly. In the frameset I get
> the error.
Re: Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #797658 is a reply to message #797609] Mon, 13 February 2012 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is just a simple SQL query using a MySQL datasource (Connector/J 5.1.18).

Shane
Re: Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #797718 is a reply to message #797658] Mon, 13 February 2012 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you post the design and the library?

Jason

On 2/13/2012 2:06 PM, Shane Allred wrote:
> It is just a simple SQL query using a MySQL datasource (Connector/J
> 5.1.18).
>
> Shane
Re: Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #797721 is a reply to message #797718] Mon, 13 February 2012 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't really post them as is as they contain my datasources, etc. Is there some way I could send them to you without posting them? I'm not sure how helpful that would be as you won't have access to my datasource.

Thanks

Shane
Re: Problem with Library Item and Datasource [message #797782 is a reply to message #797721] Mon, 13 February 2012 22:05 Go to previous message

You can send it to me in email (jasonweathersby at windstream dot net).
But when you pull the table in check the bindings tab to see what
columns are available and see that the query is returning all of them.

Jason

On 2/13/2012 3:56 PM, Shane Allred wrote:
> I can't really post them as is as they contain my datasources, etc. Is
> there some way I could send them to you without posting them? I'm not
> sure how helpful that would be as you won't have access to my datasource.
>
> Thanks
>
> Shane
Previous Topic:Equivalent function to Oracle query re-write in BIRT (@AggregateAware in Business Objects)?
Next Topic:Eclipse BIRT Designer Crahses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:51:38 GMT 2024