Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Views order
Views order [message #794680] Thu, 09 February 2012 15:13 Go to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

I have 7 views that are not closable (the close button is not displayed). These views should are displayed always in the same order starting from left.
I also have a variable number of views of the same type (class) created using a placeholder (IFolderLayout folder = aLayout.createFolder() ... folder.addPlaceholder(view_id+":*")).

When I start to open the variable number of views I get the following effect: the chevron is displayed but the first 7 views are starting to be hidden. The first views are accessible from the chevron drop down menu. --> this is NOK from customer point of view.

Question: how can I control the behavior of the views so that the chevron list does not contain the first 7 views (those views should always be visible)? Do I need to create a new Eclipse presentation to achieve this?

Time is what you make of it.
Re: Views order [message #808447 is a reply to message #794680] Mon, 27 February 2012 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

I'd say yes, you would probably have to create your own presentation. The CTabFolder (current view stack implementation) has a somewhat strange tab is visible selection algorithm.

PW

Re: Views order [message #808459 is a reply to message #808447] Mon, 27 February 2012 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

Thank you for the feedback Paul.

Should I open a bug against Eclipse 4 about this? It would be a nice to have feature like this: to define a group of not closable views with a predefined order that will always be displayed (something like 'always on top').

Time is what you make of it.
Re: Views order [message #809086 is a reply to message #808459] Tue, 28 February 2012 13:14 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

We wouldn't implement anything like that. In Eclipse 4, you would provide your own renderer for Part stacks (which could be done without replacing the *entire* presentation). You would add a tag to your view MPart elements that your renderer could understand and take the necessary steps.

PW

Previous Topic:Hide popupMenu contribution
Next Topic:How do I automatically set preferences for a test?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:17:27 GMT 2024