Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Cannot export product
Cannot export product [message #793207] Tue, 07 February 2012 22:10 Go to next message
Aliaksei Lahachou is currently offline Aliaksei LahachouFriend
Hello, everyone!

I'm not sure in which forum should I post it, I hope this is the right place.

I'm trying to build an Eclipse package which is based on existing Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers and includes some plugins that I commonly use. I created a plugin, a feature, and a product similar to org.eclipse.epp.package.jee[.feature], but I cannot export the product. The source is here: github.com/htfv/eclipse-packages.

I defined a target platform, which includes all update sites and features that are included into product (/org.htfv.eclipse.package.jee.feature/org.htfv.eclipse.package.jee.target). I can see that features and plugins are downloaded to workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/.bundle_pool when I activate it.

However, when I try to export the product, I get a message like the following:
 Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
 Software being installed: Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 3.7.1.201202072248 (org.htfv.eclipse.package.jee.product 3.7.1.201202072248)
 Missing requirement: Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 3.7.1.201202072248 (org.htfv.eclipse.package.jee.feature.feature.group 3.7.1.201202072248) requires 'org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.feature.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found
 Cannot satisfy dependency:

I can clearly see, that the feature which can not be found is included in target platform. The only way I can export the product is to install all required features and activate Running Platform in in Preferences/Plug-in Development/Target Platform. Bt it makes no sense to me, because a) I have to manually install all features anyway; b) I cannot export product for multiple platforms, even if I add delta-pack to the Running Platform.

Could someone help me with this? I cannot understand what I am doing wrong.
Re: Cannot export product [message #793471 is a reply to message #793207] Wed, 08 February 2012 07:10 Go to previous message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
Soemtimes deleting and recreating the product file helps , since product file in eclipse sometimes dont get updates when we add or remove dependencies of the RCP product .... Give it a try that is what i would have done.
Previous Topic:p2IU fetch parameters for eclipse platform features
Next Topic:can i use a specific port in my help plugin??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:16:23 GMT 2024