Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Export Product fails with cycle dep. error
Export Product fails with cycle dep. error [message #792832] Tue, 07 February 2012 13:22 Go to next message
Isometric God is currently offline Isometric GodFriend
Hi,

I am exporting my RCP application in eclipse 3.7 using the product's "Export Product" dialog. It stops immediately saying that there was a cycle dependency (but there isn't). However, it does work if I remove one particular project from the Package Explorer(or remove it).

de.myapp.common
de.myapp.common.test <-- Needs to be closed or removed

The test bundle is not part of the product or referenced anywhere. It seems to me that the Ant script gets a hick-up in this particular constellation. It does work again for other pairs of de.myapp.mybundle and de.myapp.mybundle.test.

I tried to enable debugging output in eclipse using cmd eclipse.exe -debug, but it doesn't show anything about the PDE build.

Any ideas why this happens? Thx a bunch

Re: Export Product fails with cycle dep. error [message #793467 is a reply to message #792832] Wed, 08 February 2012 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
Definetely there is a cyclic dependency .. well it may not appear because we may try to see a direct dependency ,
But might be there is a chance that some plugin which you added as dependency creates this cyclic thing.
Re: Export Product fails with cycle dep. error [message #797309 is a reply to message #793467] Mon, 13 February 2012 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks. How can I find out why this happens? Can I activate debug output somehow?

The plugin is added to the workspace only. How can it affect the ant build script?
Re: Export Product fails with cycle dep. error [message #797431 is a reply to message #797309] Mon, 13 February 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Skorsky is currently offline Martin SkorskyFriend
the 'Export --> Deployable plug-ins and fragments' has an option to ignore dependency cycles (see screenshot). Is this available for the product export?

• Attachment: Untitled1.png
    (Size: 11.05KB, Downloaded 224 times)
Re: Export Product fails with cycle dep. error [message #798081 is a reply to message #797431] Tue, 14 February 2012 08:17 Go to previous message
Yes, it's available in both the Product's "Export Product" Wizard and the project's "Export deployable plugin.." wizard. It does not make a difference if I mark the checkbox or not.
index.php/fa/7143/0/
Eclipse seems to think here that the ..common bundle had a reference to ..filters.predicate which is wrong. However, the ..common.test bundle has such an import statement, but it is not used in the product.
  • Attachment: dep_cycle.png
    (Size: 17.74KB, Downloaded 543 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 14 February 2012 08:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Disabling Menubar Icon
Next Topic:How to listen "import/export" in a PDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:08:09 GMT 2024