Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule
Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #792787] Tue, 07 February 2012 12:12 Go to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Sapphire 0.5 is currently scheduled for February 24th. The primary new feature of this release is the replacement of the Graphiti-based diagram rendering with straight GEF-based diagram rendering. I am considering moving the release date out to May 15th to give more time for this feature to be polished and to capture additional enhancements.

Before we officially move the date, I'd like to ask the adopter community to see if anyone would be adversely impacted by this change in schedule. Note that we have a to-be-scheduled 0.4.1 release to delivery important bug fixes between now and May.

If you would be adversely impacted by this change in schedule, reply to this post with your details and we will try to work something out. The new schedule will go in effect if I do not hear anything by Monday February 13th.

Thanks,

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #797603 is a reply to message #792787] Mon, 13 February 2012 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having heard no objections to the release date change, the new schedule is now official. Sapphire 0.5 will be targeted to ship on May 15th.

Thanks,

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #798725 is a reply to message #797603] Wed, 15 February 2012 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
I plan on shipping an adopter product based on sapphire-05 but before may 15th, so would you be able to lock down one of the 0.5.x hudson builds so that I can build against a repository that will not be deleted at least until 0.5 is out?
Re: Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #799177 is a reply to message #798725] Wed, 15 February 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We should be able to do that if you really want to ship with a pre-release build. Could you use 0.4.1 instead for this release?

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #799518 is a reply to message #799177] Thu, 16 February 2012 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
I would be wanting to ship with the new 0.5 features like diagramEditor improvements and new CodeScript editor, so some pretty bleeding edge stuff, and since this is a full eclipse product I don't mind there not being a official release on a eclipse.org updatesite yet.
Re: Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #802201 is a reply to message #792787] Sun, 19 February 2012 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nepomuk Seiler is currently offline Nepomuk SeilerFriend
Hi,

With dropping Graphiti support will my current diagramEditor work as it does right now? I think the Look-and-Feel will change, but this doesn't bothers me.

Is there somewhere a little "why we drop graphiti support". I didn't found anything in the plan on the website.

cheers,
Muki
Re: Adjusting Sapphire 0.5 Schedule [message #802910 is a reply to message #802201] Mon, 20 February 2012 16:46 Go to previous message
The new diagram renderer in 0.5 that is based directly on GEF has feature parity with the original Graphiti-based renderer. In fact Ling and Shenxue are presently working to take our diagram support beyond the capabilities present in the 0.4 release. The Look-and-Feel will largely stay the same. There will be migration steps necessary for any adopter with a diagram editor based on 0.4, but these steps will be fully documented in the migration guide.

The plan document includes links to specific items (tracked in Bugzilla). You have to click through to get the details. Here is the relevant link:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=344228

The rationale for Graphiti removal is listed in bugzilla.

Thanks,

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:FilteredTree
Next Topic:ant clean-start fails for Sapphire building
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:37:10 GMT 2024