Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to test numbers with comma separator?
How to test numbers with comma separator? [message #792732] Tue, 07 February 2012 10:48 Go to next message
Maryna M is currently offline Maryna MFriend
Hi!

I need to test whether numbers in table's column are sorted or not. I used first ub_tbl_storeValuesWithCellSpec, which stored values of my column successfully.
Then I try to use ub_app_checkNumericValues with values: ${value_1} greater or equal than ${value_2}, but I receive Invalid Parameter Value error. As I understand, it is because of the numbers have comma separation. How can I overcome this?

The other my trouble is: how can I test a cell in a table, which contains icon+text? Only text should be tested.

Maryna
Re: How to test numbers with comma separator? [message #792844 is a reply to message #792732] Tue, 07 February 2012 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

have you tried to use ub_app_checkStringValues? I think that this is the right module for the use case you described.
Have you already tried to check the text of a cell that also includes an icon? I think that only the text is checked and the icon is ignored by this action.
HTH
Oliver
Re: How to test numbers with comma separator? [message #792867 is a reply to message #792844] Tue, 07 February 2012 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maryna M is currently offline Maryna MFriend
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for a reply,

1)I tried to use ub_app_checkStringValues, but I believe it is not suitable in this situation: I have a column with numbers, they are generated new all the time, so, when I save them during a test - this set of numbers is unique. So, I cannot have a predefined values to check with using ub_app_checkStringValues.
2)I tried to check a text in a cell using ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec, but I got the "Render not supported error".

Maryna
Re: How to test numbers with comma separator? [message #795255 is a reply to message #792867] Fri, 10 February 2012 08:57 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If you save the values in the table before sorting, then you can do checks e.g. that the last cell after sorting contains the value that was in the first cell before sorting etc. Then you could use the check string values.

In terms of the renderer, you can add support for custom renderers as long as the renderer implements either getText() or getTestableText().

If you don't have a getText() method, then we recommend using the getTestableText() option to avoid conflicts.

As of Juno for the Eclipse for Testers, and the upcoming standalone release of Jubula 1.2, there will be an adaptable mechanism for renderer support.

Hope this helps,
Alex
Previous Topic:AUT not appearing in Running AUTs View
Next Topic:Jubula Training Day on 3rd May 2012
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:23:42 GMT 2024