Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » My projects look strange after updating eclipse(All the icons for packages, src etc. etc. have been reset to the default folder icon)
icon5.gif  My projects look strange after updating eclipse [message #792430] Tue, 07 February 2012 01:34 Go to next message
Andreas Lindmark is currently offline Andreas LindmarkFriend
So I just updated eclipse today and while restarting it after update it crashed. I restarted it again and then it worked fine until I noticed that all project icons now look like the default folder icon. In addition, every project icon is flagged with the yellow "warning" symbol, or something pretty close to it. (i honestly didn't memorize the appearance of that symbol, so I'm not exactly sure that's the thing)

Something is wrong here, and I really don't want to have to reinstall Eclipse just to fix it.

(the only additional plugin I run is MercurialEclipse)

index.php/fa/7043/0/
Re: My projects look strange after updating eclipse [message #792533 is a reply to message #792430] Tue, 07 February 2012 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On 02/06/2012 07:34 PM, Andreas Lindmark wrote:
> So I just updated eclipse today and while restarting it after update it crashed. I restarted it again and then it worked fine until I noticed that all project icons now look like the default folder icon. In addition, every project icon is flagged with the yellow "warning" symbol, or something pretty close to it. (i honestly didn't memorize the appearance of that symbol, so I'm not exactly sure that's the thing)
>
> Something is wrong here, and I really don't want to have to reinstall Eclipse just to fix it.
>
> (the only additional plugin I run is MercurialEclipse)
>
>
My guess is that the icons you are seeing are being provided by the
Mercurial plugin. Eclipse supports additions to the icons so that Team
providers can indicate the status of resources in the project (shared,
changed, pending commit, etc.) Check the Mercurial documentation
Re: My projects look strange after updating eclipse [message #792862 is a reply to message #792533] Tue, 07 February 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am working on a project with another person, and he can see all his projects as normal (he has the same plugin). One thing the mercurial plugin adds is the black icon, but otherwise the problem seems to have little to do with the plugin and everthing to do with eclipse itself.
Re: My projects look strange after updating eclipse [message #792923 is a reply to message #792862] Tue, 07 February 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 2/7/2012 7:01 AM, Andreas Lindmark wrote:
> I am working on a project with another person, and he can see all his
> projects as normal (he has the same plugin). One thing the mercurial
> plugin adds is the black icon, but otherwise the problem seems to have
> little to do with the plugin and everthing to do with eclipse itself.

What icons bother you? Are you sure it's not Mercurial? What you're
specifically complaining about is usually imposed by the version-control
plug-in you're consuming.

The yellow "cylinder" decoration (what this is called by Eclipse docs)
at the bottom right means "this file (or folder) is under source-code
control." The black decoration with a star in it means that the file has
changed since last committed.

http://www.javahotchocolate.com/notes/eclipse.html#icons
Re: My projects look strange after updating eclipse [message #792954 is a reply to message #792923] Tue, 07 February 2012 15:51 Go to previous message
Thanks, but never mind this thread now! I found the problem and it was ridiculous. It's fixed now Razz
Previous Topic:Using Eclipse
Next Topic:Plugin for eclipse indigo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:34:17 GMT 2024