Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » No Profiling data captured, whatsoever.(During a remote profile, no data is captured)
No Profiling data captured, whatsoever. [message #792212] Mon, 06 February 2012 19:01
David Dumas is currently offline David DumasFriend
I'm trying to do a remote profile of an application using TPTP in Indigo and/or Helios. Here's the setup:

The remote system is running XP 32-bit, jre 1.5.0_06 and runs an application with the -XrunpiAgent:server=controlled flag.

The applications successfully stalls until I connect with a Win7, 32-bit box (tried both Indigo and Helios with the same results), and JDK 1.6.0_10.

When I begin profiling, I select the options for "Attach to Agent", and "Basic Memory Analysis, Execution Time Analysis, and Method Code Coverage". All three, only two, or only one, and every time, no data is displayed for any.

Further, the data collection metrics at the bottom always read:
"Processed: 0 bytes, bytes/second: 0, events processed: 0, events/second: 0, elapsed time: 543s+"
i.e. the timer counts properly, but no data is ever collected.

When I try to select the "Basic Memory Analysis" in the "Profiling Monitor" tab under the current agent, which indicates "<monitoring...collecting>", I am presented with the "No memory statics available for display." message.

However, when selecting "Execution Time Analysis", or "Method Code Coverage", I am not presented with a message that the information is not available, but rather, I am given a structured table with no data in it for the "Execution Time Analysis" "Session Summary", and likewise, an empty table structure for "Execution Statistics". I altered the filter so that nothing was being filtered, and this didn't help.

It's clear that the application is running properly on the remote machine, but for some reason I'm not seeing any data.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Previous Topic:Running JUnit 4 tests organised with inner classes
Next Topic:Strange profiling results for remote application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:53:56 GMT 2024