Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » static profile stereotype fails to apply
static profile stereotype fails to apply [message #792076] Mon, 06 February 2012 15:28 Go to next message
Christian D is currently offline Christian DFriend
short background:
I'm looking for ways to limit the possiblities of UML using profiles, e.g. disallow the use of guards in state charts. I found that with dynamic profiles constraints would have to be defined in OCL and this OCL support is still under construction.

i wanted to create a static profile, so the constraints could be written in java.
i followed the profile tutorial at www.papyrusuml.org/scripts/home/publigen/content/templates/show.asp?P=148&L=EN&ITEMID=25 but when i try to apply the stereotype to a class it would just add empty << >> to the class and add the stereotype as a simple element in the model view. It is probably similar to the following message, but no final solution was given there:

www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/151932/478297/#msg_478297
Re: static profile stereotype fails to apply [message #792140 is a reply to message #792076] Mon, 06 February 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Christian,

What version of Papyrus do you use ?

The current version is the one shipped with the Eclipse Modeling distribution, i.e 0.8.1

The version 1.12 (from papyrusuml.org) is deprecated, and not maintained anymore.

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: static profile stereotype fails to apply [message #792388 is a reply to message #792140] Tue, 07 February 2012 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried a clean install of eclipse modeling tools indigo sr1 with papyrus 0.8.1 and from the nightly built update site 0.8.2.
I only used the old tutorial as i couldn't find any newer for papyrus. I found a few other tutorials for creating uml profiles as well, but except for the creation of the profile.uml and the papyrus extension point they are doing the same. nevertheless the tutorial seemed fine with just an outdated menu here and a package rename there - except for the detail that i couldn't apply the stereotypes in the end.
Re: static profile stereotype fails to apply [message #792915 is a reply to message #792388] Tue, 07 February 2012 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
This should work, as a few profiles have been already defined statically, and work fine.

I guess there's a problem in your profile definition. Do you have any exception in the error log we could use to investigate on your problem, when you apply the stereotype ?

Camille Letavernier
Re: static profile stereotype fails to apply [message #793028 is a reply to message #792915] Tue, 07 February 2012 17:27 Go to previous message
Thanks for the support offer Camille.

I just found there is also an example static profile project provided at papyrusuml.org and it works if you replace the "com.cea" package references with "org.eclipse".
I compared my plugin.xml with the one from the papyrusuml.org example and noticed the profile id (the "#1234" part after the test.profile.uml in one of the extension points) was missing. I am sure i added it, but maybe it did not save - i noticed this at a few other occasions. With this addition it works now.

There must be other ways to get this faulty stereotype behaviour, as in a different attempt of mine the profile id is given and it still doesn't work.

Anyways i now have a working project and can start my actual work.
Thanks.
Previous Topic:how to extend EVERY class in a diagram with one or few extending classes?
Next Topic:Displaying stereotypes on properties that are memberEnds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:01:12 GMT 2024